CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

"Will you be able to break through the charm?" I asked firmly, sitting up on my bed in the hospital wing. Scorpius was squeezing my hand tightly, clearly anxious as we watched my uncle Harry wave his wand silently over the folded parchment which we discovered had Draco Malfoys handwriting on the back with the mysterious riddle. Harry looked up at me, opened his mouth, then closed it once more, looking very perplexed. He set the parchment down, and set his wand on his lap gently. "It seems, that this letter was made specifically for you, Rose. And the riddle on the back, is a hint. But I'm not quite sure how we're going to be able to open the letter.. It says "where there lacks trust, is when you may read."? I'm pretty sure the key, is one of your tears, but the main problem, is the meaning behind the tear." He finished quietly. I looked at Scorpius in confusion, but was surprised to see he had a look of understanding on his face. He nodded his head stiffly and looked at me, a look of disgust on his face. "You need to feel betrayed, Rose." He whispered. I shook my head slowly, not quite understanding what they meant.

"I don't understand.. I have no reason to feel betrayed, the last time I lost trust in someone was whe-" the memory of Daisy bobbing her head up and down between Scorpius's legs in the head boy and head girl common room swam through my mind and I immediately went quiet and stiffened at the memory. My heart immediately ached at the thought, and I felt the surge of anger I had felt those many days ago, and by reflex, yanked my hand away from Scorpius. I could see Scorpius drop his face in his hands out of shame in the corner of my eye, but I tried to focus my attention at my uncle. His eyes darted between Scorpius and I with hesitation and curiosity. "Do um- do I even want to know?" He asked, tilting his head with a look that clearly stated, he didn't think he wanted to know, and I didn't blame him. I didn't want to know either...

I licked my lips, and turned away from his gaze. "Trust me. You don't." I mumbled. "Rose I said it didn't mean anything, I was trying to get you out of my head-" "Let me guess, you thought about me the whole time?" I interrupted his bull shit excuse. He threw his hands in the air in defeat and sank into his chair, shaking his head. Harry stood up, and gave Scorpius the parchment. He gave him a look that I couldn't quite read, and Scorpius hesitated, but looked like he understood. He accepted the folded parchment, and set it in his lap, sighing reluctantly. He looked like he was about to do something he was going to regret big time. "I'll give you two some alone time, to erm- discuss, whatever, uh, this is." My uncle said awkwardly, turning on his heal, I watched with suspicion as he closed my curtain that surrounded my bed, and I almost could have sworn he grabbed my wand that was on the edge of the bed before he left..

Scorpius and I were left alone, and I could feel my heart beating a million miles a minute, the anger I felt only increasing with every minute he didn't say anything. I crossed my arms and looked away from him, looking quite childish I'm sure, but not knowing what else to do. "Rose.." He whispered, and suddenly a glass vase that held flowers next to my bed on a near by table shattered at random. It made me jump, until I realized it was me who had done that.. "What?" I spat out bitterly. "You need to understand it didn't mean anything. I was drunk, I was miserable, I was depressed, I had convinced myself I couldn't be around you ever again, I was scared..." He whispered finally. I felt my eyes sting at the emotional pain... I turned my head to look into his silver eyes.. And I couldn't help but wonder if Daisy looked into those eyes.. If he looked into hers, while she- she- oh Merlin... I felt tears escape my eyes at the horrible memory, and I flinched as Scorpius brought the parchment up to my face, and let my tears fall on the letter. His face was scrunched in pain as he saw me cry, and I quickly closed my eyes, not wanting to see silver at the moment... Daisy had only reminded me that I could never be his first. That he had his first years ago, and that I would only be another number..

"Mr. Potter, it worked..." Scorpius whispered, pain stitched into his voice. I opened my eyes to see my uncle Harry open the curtain and take a seat at the end of my bed once again. I saw the hand of Scorpius hand Harry the letter, and my eyes widened when I saw it finally open. My heart skipped a beat and I felt excitement in my gut. "What's it say?" I whispered, feeling a mixture of heart ache, and excitement.

I watched Harry's eyes dart across the letter, his mouth a thin line, and I watched with a beating heart as his faced paled. He shot a glance at Scorpius, and then coughed, folding the letter, and handing it to me. With a quick glance at Scorpius, and with shaking hands, I unfolded the letter I've been waiting to read for months now....

Dear Rose,
I do not have much time to write this unfortunately. Dolohov could come into the room at any moment, but I need you to tell Scorpius for me, that it wasn't me who did those things to him. I would rather die than ever become my own father, but I was under the imperious curse, I was FORCED to do those things! You need to tell Scorpius that I truly do love him, and while I may have been hard on him when he was young, I always cared for him. But I will never know the real Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy, as he will never know the real Draco Lucius Malfoy, those chances were stripped away the moment Dolohov cursed our family with his presence. All I wish I could tell him... But you need to know that Dolohov has plans, you need to get your father and Harry Potter to stop him. He wants revenge, he is going to hurt your family like mine, and who knows what else. I must leave now, please, HURRY!
-Draco Malfoy

I looked up at Harry with wide eyes, and then we both looked at Scorpius. "What..?" He whispered, looking very worried. "Perhaps we should let him read the letter..?" Harry asked, looking at me expectantly, but I shook my head. "No." And then I looked at Scorpius, blocking out the emotions I felt about the Daisy thing, and stared into his eyes. "Scorpius, you need to speak to your father." He paled almost immediately and stood up, his chair clashing to the ground. "I will not." He said firmly. "Scorpius, you have to!" I said loudly, he continued to shake his head, so I finally threw the letter at him. "Read this then! But you WILL speak to him! You have to! After all both of you have been to, you need to fucking talk about it!" I yelled, feeling pissed off about how stubborn he could be.

I watched with searching eyes as he read the letter, and his strained and scared face, turned into a face of shock and anger. "Where is he?" Scorpius whispered, deathly quiet. "Draco is in-" "Not my father. Dolohov." He finished, clenching the parchment tightly, his pale face quickly turning red, and his voice going raspy. Harry stared at him silently for a moment, then looked at me, and then seemed to think of something, looking back at Scorpius, he said; "Follow me."