CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE

It was now Saturday, I had sent the letter yesterday, and it was 12:00 in the afternoon, and I still haven't gotten a reply. I was starting to worry more and more about my mother. I was staring out the window of my common room, looking down upon the black lake, watching my fellow students head up to the castle for lunch. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, and I leaned into the strong chest that I knew would be waiting behind me. "What are you thinking so hard about?" I heard him ask quietly, as he brushed hairs away from my neck so Scorpius could tuck his chin in between there. "How long do you think a body can withhold itself, before deteriorating?" I asked simply. "Um, I have no idea, why are you thinking of that?" I could hear how mortified he sounded.

"Well, it's been practically two weeks.. And I still have no idea when the funeral is. My mother still hasn't responded to my letter, and Harry refuses to tell me anything-" I felt his arms leave my waist and grasp my shoulders, cutting me off. He spun me around, and looked into my eyes thoughtfully. "Rose, you need to relax." He said, rubbing my arms gently. I shook my head, and tried to turn away, but he sighed heavily, and turned me back towards him. "Remember that time you almost died?" He said bluntly. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "which time are you referring to, exactly?", he smiled, "the one where you were out for a week, and practically died in my arms. Where we had to get you back to Hogwarts, with your, at what we thought at the time, was your dead body, and it was only confirmed after an hour of waiting, that you weren't dead but in critical condition." He said darkly, his eyes becoming darker with the memory. I flushed, "yes.." I whispered, avoiding his eyes. "My entire world shattered that night. I didn't have a father, a mother, or you. I had no one. I had already lost everything, and then I thought I lost you. Losing the love of your life, will make you want to kill yourself before you dare have to live a life without the one you love. But I got you back. You just have to give your mom time.. She can't just end it, because she has you and Hugo, she hasn't lost everything, but she lost something very close to it. Just give her time, she is still probably trying to understand everything.." He whispered finally, my eyes were leaking tears, and I was still hiding my face. The pain of losing my father comes and goes, and Scorpius bringing up everything brought all my emotions back.

He lifted my face, and stared into my eyes. "It will be okay, I promise, just give everything time to heal." I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head in his chest, closing my eyes. I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself. And then we heard our door open, I lifted my head to see the head mistress standing in the doorway. I let go of Scorpius and cleared my throat. "Yes head mistress?" I asked. She didn't say anything, but looked very concerned. She looked awkwardly to her left, and stepped away, and in entered my mother..

"We need to go to the Head mistresses office, cause all of your cousins and Hugo need to be here to find out when the funeral is." She whispered, her eyes not meeting mine. I don't quite know what I was feeling. Everything was so quiet, and my heart was pounding so slow, yet so loud. I felt Scorpius grab my hand, but all I could do is stare at my mother. Her hair was even more disheveled than usual.. and I couldn't see her face, and frankly I don't know if I do want to see her face. I don't want to see her pain. It is my fault she is even in this pain.. I am the one who couldn't stay out of trouble, it's my fault dad isn't coming back..

I heard Scorpius cough behind me, "Rose.. come on, you gotta go." He whispered gently. "Are you coming with..?" I whispered, suddenly terrified to hear the answer that would make my fathers death completely real.. "No I think this is a time for you and your family to be together, I'll go visit my father, meet me by the lake when you're done." He kissed my cheek, and squeezed my hand tightly. I began to walk out of the common room, suddenly feeling very vulnerable. I followed my mother and the head mistress down to the office, and when we opened the large door, I saw all of my fellow cousins who attend the school with me, and Hugo. Lily and Albus were standing with Hugo, who looked very stiff, his fists clenched. Lily had her head resting on Al's shoulder, her red hair draped across her face, probably as to hide her true emotions about the situation. And all the other red heads scattered in the room were huddled together with their siblings, just waiting.