CHAPTER NINE

I stumbled out of the fireplace and tried to walk towards my dad. But my dad held up a hand indicating I needn't walk any closer. I stopped where I was, still only two feet from their replace as I watched my father and uncle Harry talk with the minister. I was shaking. The last time the minister was here my father was an auror. My dad was an auror for a few years, but quit when I was about 8 to help my uncle George run the joke shop. I don't remember much, just that I hated it when he worked with uncle Harry as an auror. We never knew when or IF he was going to walk through the door again, and it killed my mother. Sometimes she would stay up all night on the couch just waiting. It was horrible for our family, I don't know how Albus does it. Harley tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around to look at her. She gave me a puzzling look, as if asking what was going on. And I simply shook my head. I don't know what the problem is, or what the minister wants, but I don't like it. My Fathers face looks grave and same for my uncle. Finally after what felt like ages the minister bowed goodbye and shook my uncle and fathers hands. He was walking towards me and looked awkward. "Excuse me young lady." I realized he was trying to get to the fireplace, I stepped aside and let him pass. Soon he was engulfed in the green flames and vanished. I looked back at me father who wouldn't meet my eyes. He ran a hand through his thinning red hair and walked into the kitchen. My gaze followed him until he was gone. I looked back at my uncle who was already at the desk writing a letter. "Uncle Harry." I said in a shaky voice. He said nothing. I stood still for a moment until I decided I should just go upstairs. I ran upstairs, Harley running behind me. I closed the door behind Harley and sat down in my bed, I curled up in a ball hugging my knees. "Are you going to tell me what just happened?" Harley asked throwing out her arms in exasperation. I shook my head. "I don't know. But- but I don't think it's good." I stood up and opened the door and sat on the landing. I could here the adults talking downstairs. "I don't understand Ron, what do you mean your going back?" I could here my mother saying stiffly. I heard my fathers voice next. "The minister says he needs me and Harry back at the office." "But why Ron! What is so important that you need to go back to that job."my mothers voice was shaking. "Hermione-" "No Harry! I want to hear it from him!" I could hear someone breath heavily. "There's been a break out. In Azkaban." My father said. I could hear my mother sigh inwardly. "Ginny?" I could hear the concern in my Uncle Harry's voice. "What." My Aunt Ginny's voice was empty, hollow. "What- what's wrong?" My aunt Ginny was silent for a long while until she finally said, "Nothing... It's nothing." I heard a creek in the couch and the foot steps fading. Then I heard a door open and close. Then a heavy sigh. "I'll be back." And I heard my Uncle Harry go after my aunt. "Who escaped Ron." My mom said sighing. "Antonin Dolohov, one of the death eaters." My father said. My heart had stopped a long time ago but now it's going so fast I was losing track. "I see. And they need you and Harry to catch him?" "Yes." I heard my mother sniff. "How are we going to tell the kids Ron? You know how happy they were when you quit. And Rose? Oh Merlin Rose will be destroyed." I could here my mother sobbing quietly. "Hermione, I'll be with Harry. I promise you nothing is going to happen to me ok? Trust me." I didn't stay any longer. I was in my room again. I think Harley tried talking to me but I'm not sure. I turned the lights off and tried my best to go to sleep. After that night I didn't leave my room very often. Harley left the next day and Scorpius stayed until September 1st. For the rest of the 3 weeks till I left for the train to Hogwarts I had nightmares every night.