CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

After the ball things went back to how they always were. The only thing different was the way things were between me and Malfoy. We didn't avoid each other, if anything after the ball, we tried to insult each other more and more. I feel like it's our way of taking back what happened. We danced, we were touching, so I guess insulting one another was our way of saying 'don't ever let anyone assume something from that'. The year continued, I refused to speak to Brandon (who I now addressed by Woods) and in the end of the year we won the house cup. James and Fred were practically crying from joy, and Scorpius and Albus were practically crying from anger. I loved it! During the summer it was even better because Malfoy had to go to Romania with his mother and father so I didn't have to see his face either. And the best part of the summer was when I got my letter from Hogwarts to see that I had been made a prefect. Mother was beyond proud. But my dad wasn't aware of it yet because he was still at work. It's the first time in three years since he had been back at the auror office that he had to stay the night. And he didn't return till midnight.

My mother was still awake curled up on the couch waiting for my father to come home, and I was suppose to be asleep but I was in my room, wide awake waiting with my mother. Then, finally I heard the door open. "Ron!" I heard my mother yell with relief. "Hermione." My father said wearily. I couldn't see, but I'm sure they were hugging. "What took you so long? Almost three days-" my mother was cut off. "He's been spotted Hermione." My father said in a very serious tone. I gasped and clamped a hand over my mouth. I heard the couch creek and I'm sure my mother had sat down. "Spotted? Where?" My mother asked seriously. "Somewhere near Hogsmeid. All the aurors have been looking for hours. They just sent me and Harry home because we've been there so long. We need to go back tomorrow night. We can't find him 'Mione. We've checked everywhere." My dad said, groaning. "But Ron- that's not far from Hogwarts! The children!" My mother said in a shaky voice. "I know I know. Mganogal is canceling all Hogsmeid trips, and extra security will be taken around the school grounds." My mother sighed. "And Rosie just made prefect... How are we going to tell her?" "Wait- Rosie's a prefect?! That's wonderful!" My father said sounding wide awake. "I know..." My mother said heavily. "'Mione... She's fifteen now. And she's more mature then anyone I know. She will be fine. She isn't like we were when we went to Hogwarts. She isn't going to go looking for trouble." My father said soothingly. "I know Ron but-." She sighed. "I thought our children would be able to grow up without all of this." My mother said with a sob. "It's not like Voldimort is coming back, we've faced worse. We will find Dolohov and it will be ok again. I promise." My father said soothingly. I got up off the floor of my room, and walked to my bed. I needed to be strong, for my family. I didn't get much sleep that night. All I could think about was that wherever this Dolohov was, he was up to something. Why stay hidden for three years and then be spotted suddenly? It's very odd...

The next morning I woke up to the smell of coffee. I walked downstairs, grabbed some coffee, and went to the couch where my mother was reading. "Since when do you drink coffee?" My mother asked as she noticed me drink the liquid. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, smelled good." I said sleepily. My mother sighed. "You didn't go to sleep last night did you." She said, putting down her book. I took another swig of black coffee and stated simply, "nope." My mother nodded. "I see, so you know?" I faced my mother on the couch and put the coffee down. "Yup." My mother looked at me suspiciously. "And your not worried?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm worried. I'm just not scared. It's out of our hands and I trust dad and uncle Harry." My heart felt worn out though. On the inside it hurt so bad to think about what might happen but I promised myself I would stay strong no matter what. My mother raised her eyebrows, impressed. "Your growing up to fast Rosie." Is all my mother said. She stood up, kissed me on the cheek, and walked into the kitchen. I assumed my father was asleep. I stood up, about to go to my room, when all the sudden the fireplace in the living room lit up in green light, and Albus tumbled out of the other end. "Albus?" I said as I helped him up, trying to dust him off. "Rose! Did you hear?" I nodded my head and he sighed heavily. "I can't believe it. Our dads have already risked their necks for the last three years, and now it's just getting started..." We sat down on the couch. "So, how is your mom?" I asked. Albus sighed. "I don't know. She was really upset. But told my dad that no matter what she would support him." I smiled. "Good."