Chapter Forty One - Revelations

Thank you, Chum11, for this awesome cover! I decided to dedicate this chapter to you! x

Chapter 41

She was paralyzed to her bones. She could not breath nor think properly. This was not happening! This can’t be happening! Hindi niya lubos maisip na nasa harap na niya mismo ang lalaking matagal na niyang kinalimutan. Ang lalaking minahal niya noon at iniwan lang siya sa ere. Ang lalaking pinagbintangan siyang may karelasyong iba gayong ito naman ang kanyang minahal. Ang lalaking nagdulot ng matinding sakit sa kanyang puso at pagkatao. He was there standing right in front of her.

Gusto niya itong sumbatan—saktan, pero wala siyang magawa kundi titigan lang ito. Halo-halong emosyon ang nadarama niya ngayon. Galit, pagkamuhi at sakit. She almost smiled to herself. Pagkatapos ng anim na taong hindi pagkikita ay sariwa pa rin ang sakit na idinulot nito sa kanya. Buong akala niya’y wala na siyang mararamdamang sakit bukod sa galit at pagkamuhi pag nakita na ito. I guess I was wrong.

“Gaby.” He stepped forward and on instinct, she stepped back. Even the sound of his voice made her want to punch him. She perfectly remembered how that voice made her feel so unwanted. So useless and pathetic!

Hindi niya alam kung ano ang sasabihin dito. Hell! She didn’t even know what to do! Her mind kept screaming for her to just walk out and leave him! But something deep inside her wanted to stay for a little longer. Pinilig niya ang kanyang ulo. This was no time for making stupid decisions! Leave, Gaby!

Tumalikod siya dito at nasimula nang humakbang palayo ng bigla ulit itong nagsalita. “Gaby, I missed you.” Napahinto siya at nilingon ito. What was she going to say? Was she going to say she missed him back? No! Protesta ng kanyang isipan. He hurt you like no one has ever dared and yet you’re just going to forgive him like nothing happened?

Her mind was racing! She still remembered the first time they met, the first time he kissed her, and the first time they made love. Those memories were so beautiful that it brought pain to her chest every time she remembered it. Pain because she knew it will never happen again.

But that pain also made her remember the rejection, shame and pity she felt for herself. She can still perfectly remember the night she confessed her feelings for him, the night she was so ready to tell him her love and affection, and also the night he blatantly looked at her with disgust. The night he said he did not love her in return.

“A-ano ‘to?” Bigla siyang kinabahan.

Sumandal si Greg sa upuan and regarded her closely. “Well, it’s almost December Eight so why don’t we just end everything right now—”

Bigla siyang tumayo. “N-no! I will not sign this!” Her eyes were blurred by the tears. She heard the loud thunder outside. Maybe the storm was a bad omen for her.

“C’mon, Gaby. You don’t have to act like you still want to be in this marriage.” She stared at him like he was crazy. How could he say something like that?

Nauubusan na siya ng hininga dahil sa sobrang sikip ng kanyang dibdib. She was crying really hard and Greg was just right there, sitting like he didn’t care at all. “Of course I care about this marriage! Of course I care about our relationship—”