Chapter Thirty Three - Confessions. Lies. Betrayals.

Chapter 33

Kasalukuyan siyang nasa parking lot ng tinitirhang condominium ni Kyra. It has been three weeks since the day Kyra decided to part ways with Geoff. She sighed deeply before hopping out of her car.

She received a call from Geoff last night. Nawawalan na daw ito ng pag-asa dahil hindi pa rin daw ito pinapansin ni Kyra. It was almost a month for heaven’s sake! What was Kyra up to?

She thought after a week or two ay matatauhan na si Kyra at babalik din kay Geoff. Are you kidding? It’s Kyra you’re talking about. Once its over. It’s officially over. Bulong ng isipan niya.

Of course she knew that. One thing about Kyra is that she hated long-term relationships. She asked Kyra many times about it but she just gave her a cold stare and shrugged saying, “It’s not my thing.”

Tiningnan niya ang kanyang relo. It was already 5:27pm. She really hoped that Kyra was at her condo and sleeping. Wala nang makakatalo dito pagdating sa tulugan.

Pumasok na siya sa elevator at pinindot ang floor kung asan nakatira ang kaibigan niya. She sighed again. How can Kyra be so stupid to actually let go of someone like Geoff? Didn’t she knew she was so lucky?

She knew it was none of her business to butt in in someone elses relationship problems, but the two were her friends and she wanted the best for both of them. Kaya nga andito siya ngayon sa condo ni Kyra para kausapin ang kaibigan, and maybe put some sense into her dear friend.

Kinakabahan siya habang nasa loob ng elevator. Ba’t ba ako kinakabahan? Well, maybe because she didn’t knew what to expect. It is Kyra anyway. Second thing about her is that you’ll never know what she’ll do next.

She stepped out of the elevator once it opened. Kyra was living in a pretty shabby condominium. Animo’y isang five-star hotel ang disenyo ng palibot. Third thing about her is that she always wanted to have the best.

“Bree, dear. I deserve nothing but the best! And you know me, I’ll never stop until I have it.” Natatandaan niyang sabi nito sa kanya noon. “What if you don’t deserve it?” Tanong niya dito.

Kyra looked at her with a cold stare and smiled. “Oh, I’ll still get it, Bree. Deserving or not.”

She was in the middle of reminiscing when her phone suddenly rang. Napangiti siya ng makita ang pangalan ni Greg sa screen ng cellphone niya. She took a deep breath before answering.

“Hey.” Bati niya dito.