Chapter Thirty One - A Restless Geoff

Chapter 31

Gaby’s POV

“Shanna, have you already talked to Mrs. Chusuey about the debut?” Tanong niya kay Shanna, her right-hand. Ito kasi ang in-charge sa mga occasions that are taking place at the Grand Function Hall.

“Yes, Gab. She already booked the 20th day of November for her daughter’s debut. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be grand and extravagant, knowing that the Chusuey’s are one of the most wealthiest family here in the Philippines.” Bahagi nito.

She was right. The Chusuey’s were known for their fortune and power. Buti nalang talaga at kilala niya personally si Mrs. Chusuey dahil kaibigan ito ng mommy niya and she was able to persuade her to have her daughter’s debut at her restaurant.

Constance at The Grand del Mar. She named her restaurant after her late mother. She really had the hard time finding the perfect name for her restaurant alright. Good thing Greg told her that she should name it after her mother, since she is her inspiration and why she decided to start a business. Why Grand del Mar? Dahil del Mar street ang pangalan kung saan mahahanap ang restaurant niya. It sounded regal and sophisticated. Just like what she always wanted.

“I bet. Almost all the weekends are fullybooked from October to December at the Grand Function Hall.” Sabi niya dito while scanning the schedule. She was going to be absolutely busy from now on.

She just opened her business two months ago and thankfully, it was a success! Palaging puno ang restaurant from morning til evening. Maybe because they serve almost all the different cuisines that any other restaurants couldn’t offer. From Japanese to Indian. From Italian to French. From Chinese to Mexican. And of course, the Filipino cuisine!

She hired chef’s who were fresh graduates and honestly, they never failed to amaze her. Hindi niya alam kung san galing ang husay ng mga ito sa pagluluto but wow, they were a phenomenon to watch. Minsan nga pag hindi gaanong busy sa restaurant ay tumatambay siya sa Kitchen at pinagmamasdan ang mga chef’s niya.

“Gab, do you think the…” Hindi natapos ang salita nito ng bigla itong natameme. Anyare sa isang ‘to?

Napalingon siya kung san ito tumitingin only to find out Geoff smiling sheepishly behind her. Nilingon niya si Shanna who was still star-strucked, na para bang si Geoff na ang pinaka-gwapong lalaking nakita nito. “Shan, we’ll talk later.” Tumango lang ito and went back to her office like a robot. Napangiti siya. She knew exactly why.

“You monster! Look at what you did to my assistant?” Tumatawang sumbat niya dito. She guided him to the bar and they both sat at the bar stool opposite each other.

Tumawa ito, showing her his perfect set of teeth and two dimples at the either side of his face. Oh, he was an eye candy. “Is it my fault I have undoubtedly good-looks?”