1. I live next to you?

"MOM!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"WHAT?" My mom yelled back at me from downstairs.

"WHERE'S MY BIOLOGY BOOK?" I screamed.

"I DON'T KNOW." She yelled back. "JUST COME DOWNSTAIRS FOR NOW!"

"PLEASE TELL ME!"

"I DON'T KNOW! NOW GET YOUR BIG BUTT DOWNSTAIRS!"

"FINE!"I sighed out loud.

I quickly grabbed my black and gold Adidas side-bag off my bed and ran downstairs before jumping off the last step looking like an absolute idiot because I thought I was an agile ninja. Ignoring the fact that my biology book seemed to have disappeared I entered the kitchen to see my mom sitting down eating a bowl of Krave's and she had left one for me beside her.

I quickly brushed through my light brunette hair with my hands making sure it looked slightly presentable even if it chose not to be tameable this morning. I got the wild side from my mom you see; both for my hair since it did as it pleased and for my personality. The only thing that had been passed down from my dad to me was his hazel eyes which I had inherited.

My dad was always a sensitive topic to talk about to my mom so I always made up scenarios in my head as to why he was never around. I used to think that my dad had passed away when I was younger because my mom used to cry when she spoke about him but as I got older I realised through the small hints that my mom left behind that he had ditched us. At times she would be angry if someone mentioned him while at other moments she spoke about how he could have been a better person. I guess it hurt her too much to speak about it and so I never really pushed for an answer because I was more than happy with just having my mom and her family. My mom was the only parent I needed. She showered with me with love, provided a roof over my head and kept me from starving. What did my dad do? He provided his sperm but that was pretty much it.

"Honey, here I wrote a note saying we just recently moved house . . ."

"House? Mom, look around you. We live in a mansion, not a house." I corrected her. "Before we lived in a house like normal people. However, you decided that we had to go live in a mansion and look like stuck up rich jerks. Now I'm like almost every other blimey spoiled child in my school something I don't want to be associated with."

"Honey, I was offered a promotion so I took it. I only want the best for both of us. We both needed an improvement from the previous house and whether you like it or not this is that improvement." My mom looked sad but she continued to eat her cereal and turned her face away from me. Instantly I realised that was a very stupid thing to say and so I hugged my mom before giving her several kisses on her cheek.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." I apologized. "If you don't accept my apology I'm going to be late for school and when the teacher asks why I'll have to say I was kissing my mom. Do you want to embarrass me like that?"

"Evil child, you need to stop learning from me." My mom smiled. "Silly girl. Now you take this note and hand it to your teacher before I go with you to school."

I took the note off her and shoved it in the front pocket of my bag before zipping it closed to make sure it wouldn't get lost or fall out since I happen to be pretty clumsy- especially when it comes to notes and other small things. For example, who trips up over the air you may ask, why that would be me.

"Bye, mom." I kissed her cheek once again before she began to threaten to take all of sneakers and hide them in different areas in the house.

"Darling don't forget to be on time. That means don't get late no matter what happens." My mom reminded me.