10. This cannot be happening

Blake's POV

Dammit it! As soon as I stepped out Haley's house I punched the wall of her house and kicked it a couple times too. What the heck have I done? Haley didn't deserve any of that. She's the sweetest, kindest and prettiest girl I've ever seen  (and here I was breaking her innocent heart). I felt like such a huge jerk and I deserved to feel this guilt, I definitely did not deserve Haley; what ever made me think I could get her.

"Yo, idiot what was that about?" A mocking voice called out from behind me shutting Haley's house door closed.

"What do you want?" I snapped, turning around to face a serious looking Dante; I thought he would have been slightly amused that his 'enemy' was hurt but here he was feeling genuinely annoyed and hurt for both of us.

"Urm ... well I would actually want to know why my best mate just crushed my enemy's heart who now happens to be my best friend's little sister. Only I'm allowed to do that, you idiot. You can't toy with her and you know you can't hurt her, I do that and I never gave you permission. She liked you and you liked her so why the stupid act, bro." He lectured me walking up to me.

"You're the one who told me to ditch her!" My voice getting louder after each word making me regret my actions more and more and I especially regretted the fact that I actually listened to Dante; him and his stupid advice never ever work. 

"Oh my god. Dude I said be careful that she doesn't turn out like your ex. I said take things slow and be weary. You faggot. It's like you don't listen to me." Dante snapped back at me explaining word for word exactly what he meant. "I said get to know her better and learn more about her intentions! I never said to go and kill her heart, you shit."

"You also said tell her I need time to think through things and-"

"Jeez, since when did you start listening to me." Dante half chuckled half shouted looking slightly humored now. "Sometimes taking time means you want to know if you're doing the right thing not telling her you guys can not be together."

"Sorry, dude. I don't know. You got me thinking about my ex and my past with her and I got scared I guess." I explained.

"Scared that-"

"I wasn't finished." I interrupted Dante patting his shoulder. "I thought Haley would do the same and so I did what I thought was right and clearly it wasn't right because she looked like she was going to cry."

"Damn right about that because she did fucking cry." Dante then smirked. "Bro, I got an idea."

"Oh no!" I backed up with my hands up and quickly turned around to get away from him and into my car as quickly as possible. "NO!"

"Come on dude. It's just once."

"NO!" I turned around to face him. "You always say that and we always go more than once and we get into a lot of trouble like we almost ended up in prison last time."

"Please. I thought you wanted time to think things over and stop feeling so guilty over Haley, you idiot." He smartly commented wiggling his eyebrows knowing I would never win this conversation. He was purposely trying to make me eat my words so he could get his way.

"Fine, let's get this over and done with." I sighed shaking my head and walking to my car since I know Dante wouldn't be in the state to drive but also because I would never be able to live his whinging down.

"YES!" He exclaimed and threw his arm around my shoulder before looking excited about where we were going to go.

"I'm stuck with an idiot for a best bro." I shook my head again. "What ever will I do?"
**********************