31. You guessed it

I sat in the car anxiously while I began to fidget with my hands. I had begun to have second thoughts on bringing Dante since the bruises on Charlie's face were getting worse by the minute as his face now looked like a colourful red and purple paintball. None of us knew what we would say as an excuse because we couldn't say that Dante did that to him; that would instantly give an extremely terrible impression.

Dante had decided to quickly go to his house, have a shower and get dressed with 'decent' clothing and drive to my aunt's on his motorbike.

"Hey, Haley. We got to get out the car." Juli nudged me and placed her hand on my shoulder as she realized that I was having a mini panic attack inside. "It'll be okay, don't worry."

"But-"

"He had it coming." She cut me off and hugged me tight. "He may be our best friend but he should know better than that. He should know never to hurt someone he loves like that especially when they're going through some difficult shit." Heaven knows where that deep emotional stuff came from but right now I needed this hug from Juli more than ever. These past few months, Juli and I hadn't spoken as much due to me being in that depressed and down state. Yes, she did try but it was me being a fool.

"I'm sorry for not helping you out as much as I could have." Juli apologized and from her muffled voice I could tell she had started to cry.

I saw Charlie's gaze in the rear view mirror and he looked heart-broken. I felt sad and hurt for him, I know he didn't mean anything hurtful or to make me cry and right now he was sitting in the driver's seat looking like he had just escaped the world's brutal fight.

"Let's go. Let the girls have a minute." Chris commanded as he undid his seat belt and got out the car closely followed by a depressed Charlie who winced at every move he took. Once the boys had gotten out the far and were quite some distance away Juli pulled away from the hug and threw her face into her hands before bursting into tears.

"Juli, darling, it's ok." I wrapped my arms around her and was currently doing my best to hold back my own tears. "It's not even your fault. I was the one pushing everyone away but it's okay now. We still have each other-"

"Haley, you don't get it." She mumbled. "While you had your breakdown, yes, you pushed everyone away but Jase constantly kept trying. Even when I began to try less he kept going at it and that should have been me, not him. I shouldn't have reduced my efforts. I should have been going at it and what's worse is when Dante came back you instantly smiled. Your smile was genuine and so bright that I don't think I could have ever made you smile like that if he never came back."

"Juli, you're my best friend, my sister, my other half. If it wasn't for you I would have given up years ago, I would not be here today if it had not been for you so I want you to remove any of these negative thoughts from your silly head. You made me smile when no one else could and to this day you stuck by me that's been the best present I have ever been given and it always will be." I had officially decided to cry in sync with my best friend. We sat inside the car that was parked opposite my aunty's house while we sobbed like a pair of idiots and looked like we were hormonal pregnant women.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the car window and Juli and I turned out faces to see Dante standing there with a confused look on his face. Juli instantly wiped away the tears that were rolling down her face and wiped away my tears too.

"Haley, you're an amazing sister to have." She pecked my cheek before getting out the car and dashing over to where Charlie and Chris were standing. I giggled lightly at her old habit; she never liked anyone seeing her cry so she would run away from them by standing with others. I saw the three of them walk to the front door before it was opened and they stepped inside.