8. In other words that was fantastic

Chris and I jumped up in horror and we both walked off outside as quickly as our legs could carry us while at the same time we earned many disapproving looks from people ... but screw them.

"This can't be happening. This can't be happening." I kept repeating to myself, inhaling deep breathes of air to stop myself from fainting with shock. This was probably just a bad dream so I began to pinch myself until my arm looked red.

"URGH!" Chris grunted slamming a nearby chair into an empty table.

"Urgh, teenagers these days." An old lady grumbled while sending dirty looks our way as if we had just murdered someone and we were laughing about it.

"Bitch, say that to my face!" Both Chris and I snapped at the same time.

Well . . . in all fairness you can't blame us. Yes, she was an old lady but it does not mean she was nice or caring. We just found out we're related so we deserved to say that . . . even if she was an old lady. Plus, she should mind her language too, she did not know us or who we were. She doesn't know what we're going through or what just happened to us.

The guy I've known from since I was 3 ... first my friend, then my enemy's friend, now 'brother' ... how was anyone meant to deal with this like a 'civilised' human being? I had finally found out who my dad was and also found out I had a brother that was kept away from me!

"Guys, what's wrong?" Dante asked running after us.

"EVERYTHING!" Both Chris and I shouted at the same time once again before storming off and kicking anything in our way.

"Haley! Chris!" Dante shouted in our ears and we both stopped in our tracks knowing that this idiot would not give up and would continue to do stupid things until we gave him the attention he so craved for.

Dante slipped his hand slowly through mine and put his arm around Chris' shoulder before taking a deep breath.

"Guys, I know you both since you were little. One is my enemy, one my best friend. So spill!" Dante exclaimed chuckling trying to lighten up the mood.

"Dude, trust me. You don't want to know!" Chris grumbled. "It's some freaky shit!"

Suddenly, I heard a thump and realized Dante's hand was no longer in mine. Chris and my head snapped to see Dante sitting on the floor with his arms crossed against his chest. He looked like a cute little child on a tantrum who would not move till he got his candy.

"What are you doing?" I asked holding back my laughter; I actually felt a lot better than before.

"I'm not moving until you guys tell me. I thought we all cared for each other. Enemies care because without each other they wouldn't have someone to be evil to," he looked at me and pouted and then he looked at Chris, "and best mates don't hide shit from each other!"

"Son, get up and I'll tell you outside as well as explain the full story to Chris and Haley as well." A new voice explained and we looked up to see it was my mother.

"Okay." Dante smirked. "At least someone cares."

With that he got up and held the door open for all of us. The four of us walked outside the restaurant and stood there huddled in a circle, in complete . . . and utter . . . silence.

I think at least half an hour went by and still no one spoke, we all just stood there twisting and turning, glaring at one another in a weird trance.

"So . . . urm, what's going on?" Dante finally asked breaking the tension.

"It turns out that Chris and Haley are siblings." My mom once again said.

"WHAT?" Dante yelled earning a stern look from my mom. "How'd this happen?"