18. Best day of my life...

I woke up abruptly to the sound of the radio blasting Best Day of My Life throughout the whole room making it shake and making the covers dance as well. I grabbed the duvet and used it cover my head and block out as much of the music as possible but unfortunately someone grabbed the duvet and threw it half way across the room.

"Get up, lazy bum!" Jase chuckled. "You're going to be late for school."

"I don't want to go." I groaned and hid my face under the pillow to avoid any contact with human life.

I sniffed the pillow and realized it wasn't the ones on my bed; they smelled like Dante. That's when it hit me and I realized I slept the night in Dante's room because of my stupid fear of the idiot mafia drug lord that came to the house yesterday. I shut my eyes again and then realized Dante was not next to me ... maybe he already went to school but before I could finish off my thoughts Jase had picked me up from my legs and flung my over his shoulder only to throw my back onto my bed.

"I know you want to lie back in bed with my little brother but I heard from everyone you're a goodie two shoes so missing school isn't your thing." He chuckled thinking his jokes were oh so hilarious.

"I've ditched school before." I grumbled sitting up straight on to my bed and crossing my hands over my chest looking like a small child on their tantrum.

"Well, if you don't go school today we can't go to the surprise someone planned for you after school." Jase shrugged his shoulders as though it was no big deal.

"SURPRISE?" I jumped up on the bed and instantly toppled over falling flat on to my face. "I WANT A SURPRISE!"

"Go school then." Jase chuckled lending me a hand and helping me get up before kissing me on my cheek. "I promise you won't be disappointed. Now you know you want to go school so cut the bad girl act."

"Funny. Out the room." I giggled and pushed Jase out of the room and locked the door to make sure no one walked in on me before I took all of my clothes off and grabbed a towel to go and have a shower.

10 minutes later I had finished and I quickly exited the bathroom and began to rummage through my clothes to find some decent clothing today; it definitely did not help to know that the weather was going to be 95 Fahrenheit so I had to wear something I would stay cool in.

After a couple of minutes of being picky I decided to just pick a breezy fit & flare dress which had a dainty floral print and lattice cutout back. It had a round neckline and elasticized self-tie waist and I grabbed my locket of the night stand before putting it on around my neck. The shiny gold heart dangled on the delicate chain. The engraving on the heart was of flowers and leaves intertwined on a vine almost camouflaging the initial H.

I brushed my hair and made sure there were no knots before trying my hair up into a messy bun and I quickly grabbed a pair of blue ballet pumps from underneath the bed before quickly throwing all my school books and pens into my black Adidas side bag. Making sure I would not forget I grabbed my phone and shoved it into my bag's small pocket and as quickly as I could I unlocked the door and ran downstairs making sure not to trip up at the same time.

"Took you long enough to wake up, chika." Dante smirked from the kitchen as he sat on the kitchen worktop eating a bowl of fruit loops. "You look gorgeous."

He could talk, his hair looked perfect as always as he sat there without a care in the worl in his red all over geo print tank top and black chinos finished off with his black vans that had a white stripe running around it.

"Why did you not wake me up?" I placed my shoes on the floor and chucked my bag on to the floor and quickly rushed to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl and spoon from the cupboard.