28. Hallucinations

2 Months Later

"Congratulations to Blake and Haley for creating the best project I have seen in years. Your work was extraordinary whereas it seemed like no one else put any effort in and just handed in their rubbish." Mr Parker exclaimed as he stood in the centre of the classroom simply glaring at everyone but Blake and I.

"Sir, mine wasn't too bad-"

"Chris yours looked like a dog ate a chew toy and excreted it out so please do not get me started on your work. I do know for a fact that if Dante had not gone overseas to help out with his father's business than Haley and Blake's project would be even better than it is now." Mr Parker interrupted Chris and soon he just began to give our lectures to students one by one about how poor their quality of work was. However, all that my mind could think of was still Dante.

I could feel tears sweeping up in my eyes as my hands began to shake slightly. Every time I heard his name flashbacks of all our good and bad times came into my head. It was like constant torture knowing that the person you loved could no longer slip their hand into yours or give you small kisses when you feel down.

But what was worse was the fact Jase, Chris, Juli, Charlie, Blake and I couldn't pluck up the courage to tell the school that Dante was no more. We couldn't tell them so we lied to avoid questions about anything that could've happened. Heck, just his name made me want to go dash into my bed and bawl my eyes out.

"Hey, Haley. You okay?" Blake moved his chair closer to mine and wrapped his arm around me to pull me close towards him. Blake had gotten closer to me since the unfortunate event had happened and he would constantly make sure I was fine. I appreciated it so much. "You're crying."

He wiped away a single tear that was running down my face which I hadn't even seemed to notice.

"Haley, I'm so sorry. I should've tried to be there more for him and I should've fought alongside him instead of fending the guards by the gates. Instead of him it should've been me since the pair of you guys had a future together while I was a complete wreck-"

"Blake, shut up, please. Look, no one deserves to die but you can't blame yourself for this or anyone for that matter because deep down I know he could still be alive out there. Blake I miss him so much it hurts to even say his name but more than me it hurts you because he was like your brother so instead of wishing you had lost your life show that he meant a lot to you by appreciating everything he had done for us." I didn't even know what I was babbling on for long because soon the waterworks started and I was crying a stream of tears.

All I could envision was me holding Dante in my arms as he was bled and became weaker. All I could see was Dante still trying to look strong for me in his last moments. All I could see was Dante telling me he loved me before he went.

"Excuse me, I need to go." I cried as I quickly got up from my chair and began to make my way to the door. " I need some space and some alone time."

"Just don't blame yourself either." Blake muttered as he looked down and closed his eyes almost as though he looked like he was about to burst into tears any moment now.

I ran out of the classroom only to bump into Charlie who was standing with a girl by his side only for me to realise it was that slut Brittany moving on to her next 'boy toy'.

"I'm so sorry, Dante." I whispered before I cried even harder as the thought of a couple being in front of me. I couldn't take this pain anymore I needed to stop it and for good. I dropped to the floor and began to let out all the tears I had been holding back for these past two months.

"Watch where you're going loser!" Brittany scowled before me. Usually if I wasn't this down I would've given her a piece of my mind but quite frankly she didn't deserve any of my time.