24. I'm looking forward to it.

"Idiot." I grumbled under my breath as I threw my head into the palm of my hands and sulked while I sat inside the jail cell. How could I have let this happen?

The second the guards had led us inside the stupid police station not only had they taken away everything that was one us; like Dante's phone, keys and cards but they took away my heels! I was literally sitting on the bench with my legs clutched to my chest so that I would not fall or that my feet would not touch the disgusting, slimy floor.

Why don't they clean these places? I mean, criminals are bad people but they deserve somewhere reasonably decent. I wasn't even a criminal so they should have made sure this one was relatively decent. 

Dante and I were both currently locked inside a small cell with barred doors that had no windows so the cell was rather gloomy as there was just one light that lit up the room; it was also very old hence the reason why it was flickering on and off constantly. There was a small metalic frame with two worn out mattresses and thin blankets that made the sleeping area since it seemed like Dante and I would be staying the night here unless someone came here quickly and bailed us out. In the corner of your small inhumane cell was a toilet bowl, unclean and overused, with no walls around since privacy is non-existent here. I felt like throwing up every time I breathed in because the smell of the small toilet on the other side smelled absolutely foul and could be powerful enough to knock someone out.

"Don't go around blaming me." Dante gasped, almost as though he was offended as he placed his hand over his heart. "You decided to come with us when you could have sat at home by yourself and watched movies or gone to bed."

"Yeah, but I'm not really going to stay home alone in a house which Spike knows and one that I almost got raped in!" I spat feeling myself begin to get angry and rather annoyed that this boy could just make it sound like I had other options.

"Well, then you could've gone to a mates house or gone out with other people!" Dante grumbled as he jumped on top of the mattress and sat there leaning back against the wall.

"Well then next time maybe I shall reconsider going out on a date with my boyfriend and ditch him and go to the cinema with people I'm not as close with." I fake smiled and turned away so that I was no longer looking at him and so that he could not see my face and how rather annoyed I was right now.

He had the audacity to blame me for this! I mean, who would want to stay home alone when they knew gang members could come any second to their house and kill them, kidnap them, hurt them or send people to rape them! On top of that I doubt it's a crime wanting to make up for a first bad date and try to go on another.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Dante Carter locked behind the bars of my station once more." A raspy, parched voice chuckled from behind the bars. 

As I turned slightly to get a better view of the man only to see a very tall (maybe six foot four) officer. He too was in the uniform that the other officers were who took us in and locked us up except this man had three badges on his shirt so I guessed he had higher authority.

My eyes traced his tall slender figure, from his messy brown hair down to his worn combat boots which looked rather big for his feet. The closer he came towards the bars, the better I could view him. His eyes seemed warm and friendly (a soft and intriguing caramel colour) but his glare on Dante looked deadly and rather scary if I'm being honest. However, he had lilac bags hanging under his eyes, ageing him quite a bit and making him look like he had no sleep for a week, but he couldn't be much older thirty tops. I took a deep breath to calm myself down as I realized I was under the same roof as an officer only this time it was because I was in the bad, and I inhaled his overly strong cologne. Naturally, I found myself nearly gagging on the powerful scent however, I kept quiet so that he would not notice me and ignore me on the whole.