22. Teddy bear

"Good luck, catch us that ride." Dante winked at me and stepped back and took his phone out before making a few calls about god knows what. I stepped a bit closer to the road and stuck my hand out a bit further before placing my right hand on my hip so that my body was more curved and more 'noticeable'.

The second the driver noticed me he pulled over and stopped the car right beside, not only was I freaking out that I had to let a complete stranger let Dante and I give us a ride but I had to be one of those walking talking STD girls that I despised so much.

"Hey there, pretty lady. How can I help you?" The male's deep voice chuckled but it sounded parched and almost as though he had just gotten out of an angry conversation but for some reason it sounded rather similar. Next to him I noticed another male but I could not notice him very clearly because the inside of their car was very dark.

"Oh, my ... ride broke down," I pointed to the Chevrolet behind me which Dante was sitting on top of trying to make random beats on the car's metal, "...I really need a ride now because the idiot ruined today for me."

"Why would any guy try to ruin such a beautiful girl's day?" He flirted but I felt nauseous and rather disturbed. Here I was trying to get Dante and I home before one of us died from the upcoming cold or whether one of us would die from getting wet since the clouds looked extremely grey and it looked like it would rain any minute.

My heart jumped out of my chest when the driver turned off his red Audi rs5 and opened the door slightly and so I moved back to give him enough space to fully open his driver's door.

The man before me was rather tall, maybe two or three inches taller than Dante who was 6ft 1 and I was 5ft 6. His hair was a light brown which curled slightly around his ears and hung over his forehead with two strands falling into his eyes. His skin looked lightly tanned, but I could tell it was his natural color. His strong jawline and narrow mouth created a handsome face but that's when I looked further up on his face and noticed his eyes...

His protudging eyes were those that I would remember anywhere. His almond-shaped eyes were two different colours that no one else on this planet would have let alone this universe ... green and violet.

Suddenly, my body went into fear and began to shake slightly but I tried to keep as calm as possible, any sudden movements and this guy would realize that I knew and would either kill me, kill Dante or both of us. It was this exact same man who had tried to rape me but thankfully Dante and Jase had saved me.

"What's wrong, sugar?" He asked, I could feel a small amount of tension and I knew I had to do something so this guy would not think anything fishy was going on.

"Oh nothing, I'll just go tell the idiot that ... we just got ourselves a ride." I smiled and placed my hand gently on the guy's chest trying to assure him I was fine and gullible in his eyes. I needed to tell Dante so we could both get out of here with minimum damage.

I turned around and pulled my dress down so it covered more of my legs instead of making me feel like I had too much skin on show. The second I had reached Dante I could feel tears ready to shoot out of my eyes and run down my face.

"Chika, what's wrong?" Dante asked suddenly concerned and he jumped off the car and wrapped his arms around me before facing me, staring worriedly into my eyes.

"Don't speak loud. Don't gasp. Don't go and fight him." I slipped both of my hands into Dante's and squeezed rather tightly. "He's the same man who came into your house yesterday."

Suddenly Dante's grip tightened and I could feel his whole body tense and stiffen until I thought he would explode and go murder the man that was meant to go give a ride. "How do you know?"