6. This Is Not What It Looks Like

I entered the house I knew all to well. Even though it was one visit I felt like I had come here often as I had memorized the whole layout of downstairs. We were hardly two feet into the house when all of a sudden I started getting my daily torment from Dante.

"Oops my bad..." Dante smirked pushing his way past me inside so I nearly fell to the floor on my butt and if it wasn't for Juli pushing me upright I would've have certainly embarrassed myself and made myself look like a fool. I had to think of a way to get my revenge today, I couldn't be the lazy bum that I always am and leave it for another day.

Today, Haley shall strike.

I mean seriously,  this boy is simply asking for a beating or wanting me to get revenge on him so he'll cry like a baby. I have done many, many, many pranks on him.

For example, when we were in fourth grade I told his crush he ate his bogeys and then wiped his hands on his clothes when he had finished picking his nose so when he tried kissing her she screamed in his face before pushing him away and running off.

Another time in sixth grade I stole his diary from his bag that the teacher had told all of us to keep and there was this whole page dedicated to which girl he would go out with so during our assembly I ran on stage when no one was looking and somehow I had successfully made it on the stage and no one made me get down. I then decided to read it out loud saving all the girls from going through the terrible and traumatizing experience.

Another time, during tenth grade I may have 'accidentally' tripped him up so he fell face first into our head teacher's crown jewels. The head teacher was sitting down with the rest of the class as it was drama and Dante had gotten up to go and make a move on one of my old close friends so I had decided to save them from his disgusting presence so I pretended to stretch my leg and let's just say rumour spread that Dante liked the male head teacher.

I laughed before realizing everyone was staring at me very weirdly because I was laughing to myself and I just strugged it off and I gave Dante the deadliest glare I could muster, as he walked away not giving a single glance back. Oh, it had been exactly a year since I last played a prank or got my revenge so he better start acting nice or else the game will start, my enemy, the game will start.

I shook my head and got rid of any evil thoughts and snapped back to reality.

Juli and I quickly took the coats off that the guys had handed to us as a very sweet and kind gesture and we handed it back to them. If it wasn't for them I would be dying of hypothermia and shivering in a cold damp alleyway praying for death to come and give me warmth.

"Thanks, Blake." I blushed stretching my arm out to give his camo army coat back.

As he reached to take it from me his hand brushed against mine giving me butterflies in my stomach and sending small shivers through my hand.

This guy, he made me feel so ... so ... shy and made me feel weak and faint around him. This doesn't always happen you know, I know this because Blake is my first serious crush. I don't think he's one of those stupid high school crushes everyone has but that this was something more.

Too bad, there would always be nothing between us. Friends, just friends ...

I mean, come on he was so gorgeous (both looks and personality) and yet there stood Dante the completely opposite an idiot, fool and a crazy retard. How was this even possible? Two COMPLETE opposites being best friends (Juli and I being an exception).

"What a guy." I sighed not realising what slipped out my mouth about Blake.

"Huh?" Juli said giving me a weird look obviously catching me off guard and hearing something she shouldn't have heard and if she heard it I am pretty sure everyone else heard it too.