00:21

chapter twenty-one |
J a s o n p o v

Her body tensed as soon as the words left Stan's mouth. She tried to get up from my lap but I held her down in place. I knew she was scared but everything that came out of that man's mouth was bullshit. She shouldn't believe anything that comes out of a man whose intoxicated and under the influence of a variety of pills. I expected her to know that I would protect with every inch of me.

Here's a pretty messed up thing. A lot of the men in here come with different girls each transaction. The woman were like our accessory, when we attended meetings. We can't trust anyone, especially when they are seeing us sell drugs and discuss illegal criminal activity. So the only woman in there were woman who knew the business, and woman we had tabs on in terms of their personal life.

"What do you have for me Bieber?" Stan asked while the cigar was hanging from his mouth. His members were standing up beside him with bullet proof vests & shit on underneath their clothes. They were prepared. We just showed up, exposed, and with no protection.

"Why so dressed for a simple meeting?" I ask with a smirk on my face.

Stan chuckles, pointing a finger at me.

"We know you're infamous for your surprises. I can't have bullet holes in this pretty little face  of mine, can I?" He said, the look on his face was haunting.

I shrug and one of his men gesture to the bag. I send him an irritated look.

"Everything you wanted." I said while eyeing him closely.

He flicked his fingers and one of the tall men searched through the brief case. He scanned over the bag of pills, powdered drugs, and weed. He had a cold look on his face, while his men searched through the brief. I eyed Stan through my glasses, it's the perfect time to start firing. Our goal wasn't to exchange drugs, it was to teach Stan and his men a lesson. He seemed distracted and his men seemed intoxicated. You can't.

Don't forget whose sitting on you.

"15,000." He said. What the hell?

"Fuck no!" Grayson said, frustrated. He lit his cigar as he watched Stan. Offering fifteen thousand for what we provided is cheating us. Cheating is all Stan ever knew, he thrived in swindling people out of their money.

"15,500." Stan reasoned. I laughed as soon as the number left his mouth. I thought it was some kind of joke. I noticed that started coughing, I'm assumed from all the smoke. I didn't remember seeing asthma in her medical records. As my attention fixated on her, I just noticed her firm grip on my hand.

She was scared.

Y o u r  p o v

One of the guys beside us lit a cigar & my body reacted badly to it. I felt like I was suffocating.

"I say 25,000." Matt said.

"Now that's a number that sounds reasonable. What do you think Stan?" Jason asked, his voice bellowing from behind me.

The amusement on Stan's face disappeared. He shook his head vigorously, grabbing his drink from the table.