00:66

A/N: If you guys don't remember who Ashton & Derek are you should go back a read chapter 7, because they're sort of apart of this chapter.

chapter sixty-six |
Y o u r p o v

New York smelt like home to me. There was something about the sky buildings, chilling air in the winter that made me feel content. Seeing the crowded sidewalks, watching taxis drive horribly down the road, searching for people that needed a ride. And there was also something uneasy about being in the same state as my family. The people that are—were part of my life, memories of my childhood always found a way to invade my conscious. I honestly loved torturing myself.

I adjusted my leather jacket as I got out of the party bus. My eyes scanned over the high buildings & the beautiful decorative lights that were placed on the trees. Car honking was a consistent noise that flooded the streets, there was no moment of silence. My hair blew softly while I stood there taking in—everything. I felt his fingers suddenly latch onto mine, breaking me out of my senseless thoughts. "You look beautiful." He said, leaning down to place a lingering kiss on my cheek. My mouth slightly smiled from what he said.

Things felt almost different between me & him. I knew that we finally addressed my family situation and there was probably a weight that was lifted off of his shoulders. He didn't have to feel like he was 'stopping me from being happy'. It was sad to know that he possibly felt that way. He wasn't stopping me, if I wanted to see my family I could just go. I'm stopping myself from seeing my family. I'm letting my love & desire—my selfish reasons stop me from seeing my family. He's not stopping me; his love, our love, my feelings towards him is the barrier between me & my family. In this moment I've let my own insecurities stop me from actually wanting to see them. I could just see the disappointment & resentment they would feel when they discover all of the things I've done, experienced & encouraged. All of things I kept my mouth shut about; All because I was falling deeply in love with Jason McCann, the ruthless killer of the West Coast.

My eyes studied the way his hair fell on his face because the wind. He was wearing a rugged black ripped jeans with a dress shirt that was unbuttoned slightly & he paired it with his dress shoes. Zayn decided to change the theme of his party, at the last minute, to an all black attire; meaning all that dress shopping was completely useless.

"Whose ready to get wasted? The answer is me." Zayn said, coming out of the bus. He was wearing a leather jacket, black jeans, black buttoned up shirt & black oxfords. His grayish-dyed hair was sleeked back neatly, I watched as he grabbed a hold of Lo's hand, while she tried to get out of the bus.

"You're not getting wasted." She said, playfully rolling her eyes. Her heels were over five inches and she was wearing a lace body suit paired with black trousers. Her hair was wavy & placed in a high ponytail. "It's my birthday." He complained, pouting his lips. "You're going to throw up all night. " She said. "I endure it when it's you." He joked, causing my eyes to widen, almost laughing. I herd the others laughing at them from inside the bus.

I watched as Eleanor got out of the bus, wearing black denim jeans with a flowy blouse . She looked beautiful, her hair was curled differently. She had it curled tightly. Her make up, that she let me do, enhanced the color of her eyes so beautifully. Grayson followed after her, along with Matt. Cara was wearing a black dress, with small cutouts by the waist. Her heels were as tall as mine & her hair was perfectly flat-ironed straight. I had to admit everyone of us were looking on point with our outfits. Well except Grayson he looked off point; lets just say he looked okay.