00:56

A/N: We're almost at 900,000 reads. I'm so happy. Thank you.

chapter fifty-six |
Y o u r  p o v

"You know what I was thinking?" I suggested, I was mentally panicking. I wasn't sure what his response would be. I felt like it would start an argument and that was no what I wanted. He looked into my eyes suddenly, I felt slightly nervous. My nerves were growing deeper and deeper, I felt my stomach churning. "I was thinking about, you know possibly being able to speak with my family." I said slowly. "You're kidding right?" He asked, he seemed annoyed, just like I imagined. "Actually I'm not." I sighed, his hand slowly let go of my fingers. They suddenly felt cold without his touch.

"How could that possibly happen?" He asked, I struggled with what to say next. "I use an unknown number—I don't know. You can't try to make it work?" I asked, you could hear the aggression in my voice. "No. I can't." He said bluntly. I sat there shocked, I turned around staring at the go cart ride in front of me.

"So you don't want me to be happy?" I listened as I heard the different game stands make loud noises. I was tempted to play the basketball game again so I could beat Jason for the second time. I watched all the people brush past us, getting in line.

"What kind of a fucking question is that?" He scoffed. "Then let me speak to my mother. Please?" I begged, his eyes softened, he brought my body closer to his. "It's not that simple, Do you know who I am?" He asked. I could see the slight fear in his eyes as he looked down at me. He seemed like he was nervous, that made two of us.

"I don't actually." I softly said. I watched as his lips parted slightly. I looked at the two figures behind him that were walking up to the table with food in their hands. Jason was still distracted from our previous conversation. "So, any rides you guys want to recommend?" Josh asked, he was oblivious to the tension that had grown when they were gone.

Lisette looked down at her large cheese pizza that was hanging off of the paper plate. Jason got up from the bench, "Let's get some drinks." He said. That was probably code for trying to get away from me. Josh looked at me knowingly, I watched as he whispered to the quiet girl that was sitting beside him. She slowly nodded. My eyes caught Jason's, his teeth were tugging on his lips as he quickly looked away.

Josh got up, walking away from the table. I picked at the burger and fries that were on my plate, I had lost my appetite. I felt the fall breeze slowly pick up, it was slightly chilly and I didn't have a jacket with me.

Suddenly I felt a firm grasp on my wrist, I looked up and I was revealed to a desperate girl. "You need to help me." She said, she looked around anxiously. She placed a strand of her hair behind her ear. "With?" I asked. I knew the words that were planning on escaping from her mouth. This put me in an uncomfortable position.

"Help me get away from him. Please, I don't want to be here." She begged. Her eyes were pleading for help, help that I couldn't offer her even though I wanted to. I could easily help her escape but I can't do that, I just didn't know what to tell her. "I honestly can't help you, I—" I stuttered, she released her grip from my arm. The question she asked me next made me really think twice. "You love him? You actually want to stay here?" She asked. I quickly looked around, shushing her. Her voice was starting to get louder as she expressed her judgement about my life.

"Just stop please. I can't help you. I don't know how to. J—just stop before you get yourself hurt." I begged. She scoffed, "If I was safe with him, You wouldn't have to say that."  She argued. "What do you want me to do?" I sighed. I didn't want to hear her response to my own question, she turned around looking at the two men standing by the Food stand. I looked over and Jason's eyes flickered to mine.  He seemed less annoyed with me, ha had a smile lingering on his lips from something Josh said, He watched me, puckering his lips playfully, my eyes widened and he chuckled from my response.