00:51

chapter fifty-one |
Y o u r  p o v

"Mrs. Bieber." The doctor said, I lifted my head up, watching the woman in a white lab coat approach me.

Mrs. Bieber?

I lifted myself up from the cushioned chair that was in the waiting room. I felt the other guys perk up as well, everyone was on edge. We weren't allowed to go in and see him at all, the doctor kept coming to speak to us but she still wasn't granting us access. Her frequent visits were useless to me.

"Hello, ahhh good news Justin is recovering from his surgery." She smiled, watching all of us. I didn't think there was a reason to smile, he suffered a bullet wound to the side of his back. I didn't know whether to feel relieved or mournful that it wasn't severe as it could've been.

If only I spoke to him, asked him. I knew there would've been some repercussion for meeting up with her. I just didn't know it would involve Jason.

I closed my eyes, trying to block out the memory from hours ago but they kept forcing its way into my mind, I was unable to push them away.

"Jason! Noooo....J-Jason?" I yelled. His face was laying on my chest, it felt like he was dead. He couldn't possibly be dead. I tried to check his pulse but I was scared that I wouldn't feel the small rhythm of his heart. I just wanted to lay right here in false hope. It was better than knowing that he wasn't breathing.

The tears started spilling from eyes uncontrollably. I clutched onto his face, moving strands of hair from his forehead. "Lo-Lotus." I tried to speak but the words just couldn't come out. I kept thinking that he was dead, "We need an ambulance on K street, at the bar Lickur. The address is 10990." I watched as she pulled at her hair, struggling to hear the people on the other line.

"He fucking got shot, that's how urgent it is!" She yelled. I saw a small pool of blood, which caused my nerves to kick in. It is all my fault. Those five words kept repeating Itself inside my head. I tried to hold the wound, to try and limit the amount of blood that was coming out. Lotus took off her flannel from her waist, she ripped it, wrapping it around his torso.

"Did you get hurt?" She asked me, I nodded quickly, closing my eyes, she got the other part of the flannel, tying it around my ankle. My tears were threatening to fall down even more, "He's still breathing, it's fine, Y/n it's fine. Okay?" She urged, I wish I could've been more like her, she was strong & so sure about how everything was going to turn out.

I saw the red lights from the corner of my eyes, I felt sudden relief. But I knew that they were going to take him away from me, I planted a small kiss on his forehead. "I love you...too." I said, A small smile finally formed on my face, it was ironic how it took him getting shot for me to finally say it back. "I finally said it." I whispered to him, hoping that he could possibly hear me.

The ambulance lifted his body from mines, I watched as they put me on a separate gurney,

Separating me from him.

Once the doctor walked away from us, I felt relieved hearing he was okay, even though I didn't show it. I was emotionless, I didn't know how to react or feel in a moment like that. There was a question that kept burning in my mind, it caused me to feel annoyed, anger, agitated. All of those emotions at the same time. "Where is she?" I asked, my foot was tapping against the chair, I watched her distant eyes look up at me.