00:44

A/N: Thanks for almost 50,000 reads, it means a lot.

chapter forty-four |
J a s o n  p o v

"You know I actually care right?" She asked me. My head was resting on her stomach, while she ran her fingers through my hair. My arms were wrapped around her torso as I just laid there comfortably. Every word she spoke sounded and felt like a dream, I never thought we'd be sitting like this. I'd never thought she'd tell me she actually cares about me.

"Yeah." I whispered, I was awkwardly fiddling with the hem of her shirt. I wanted to be held, by her. "You wanna tell me what happened?" She asked, I jerked my head up, studying her face. "When?" I asked, in that moment I thought she knew. I thought Zayn must've confessed about the accident to Lotus and she told y/n. I frantically searched her eyes, "What happened about an hour ago." She said, lifting herself up from the pillow. 

I was relieved once the words left her mouth, I'm officially going crazy.

"Nothing." I mumbled. I laid my head back down, but she didn't lay back down with me. "Baby, there's nothing to talk about." I sighed, I laid my face on her stomach which muffled my voice. "Baby?" She questioned humorously.

"I like it, I think it's cute—

"That's not the point." She rushed. I looked up at her, focusing on how flustered she looked.

"You were trying to drown yourself." She argued, she had a displeased look on her face. She was really worried about me & I didn't know how to tell her not to be. "I wasn't trying to drown myself." I sighed, she sent me a blank look. "I was thinking." I suggested. "Underwater?" She questioned, I couldn't possibly tell her what was going on through my head when she found me.

I wanted her to let it go. "Yes, underwater." I said to her.

Y o u r p o v

Here we go with being secretive again, I thought. He wouldn't open up to me, he would just dismiss my questions like always. Zayn told me to be straight forward and just ask Jason. Well,  It wasn't that easy, Jason could turn from chill & cuddly to angry & snappy within seconds. I didn't want to change the vibe, it was perfect. He was calm, I was calm. Everything felt right. But I couldn't help but want more. I needed answers, I needed to be selfish just this once.

"Is there anything else you want to tell me?" I asked, he adjusted his hands around my waist. I laid there waiting for him to answer. "Is there anything you want to know?" He questioned slowly. I was glad that he was asking because I had a long list.

"Tell me what's on your mind, & be honest."

"Uhh, you." He said, looking up at me. He looked confused by my spontaneous question. I mentally rolled my eyes. "Anything else besides me." I said, he tugged on my shirt, still playing with the hem.

"I wish I could take your shirt off." He said, lightly tracing his finger on my hip bone. My body started to become hot, it all of a sudden became warm in the room. "That was too honest." I said, nervously laughing.

"Isn't that what you wanted?" He asked, he lifted his head up from my stomach, finally looking into my eyes. I swallowed down extremely hard, the butterflies in my stomach erupted. He hesitantly reached his hand, brushing it over my cheek. "You're extremely beautiful, do you know that?" He whispered, I looked down, fiddling with the bracelet that was on my wrist. "You do know that right?" He asked again, I just shrugged. I didn't believe I was anything amazing, I thought I was okay.