00:72

A/N: if you have questions just ask & I'll answer them. :)

chapter seventy-two |
J a s o n  p o v

"Justin?" She asked softly. My mouth curved into a small smile when I heard her voice. I was surprised that she knew it was me,

Has she been waiting for me to call her for the past five months?

Her voice sounded so unfamiliar to me. The alcohol that was in my system made me feel reckless. I knew I wasn't supposed to be communicating with her but I needed to hear her voice, just once. She is all I think about. I couldn't sleep, eat or think—but I was able to drown my problems through drinking. As I heard her voice, I tilted the clear bottle up to my mouth. My throat was burning as I drunk the bitter liquid.

"I know it's you. Say something," She pleaded.

What am I supposed to say?

If I told her I loved her, she wouldn't be able to forget about me & that was what I wanted.

"Come get me. I-I need you to come back for me." She demanded. She sounded so desperate. Did she not like being home with her family? I could tell that she was trying to hide the fact that she was crying.

"If you don't come back for me, I'm going to move on. I'm serious, all you have do is say something to me. Let me know it's you & I'll wait for you,"

She was practically begging me, begging me to show her that there was still a chance for us. I wanted to just tell her how much I fucking loved her. I wanted to tell her that I will come back for her & be the man she deserves—but I couldn't.

I didn't want her waiting for me. I didn't deserve her. She was like a delicate flower that eluded the summertime & butterflies, while I was a black rose that destroyed everything it touched.

Why would she want to be with someone like me?

The kind of guy that shoots your ex boyfriend in front you, you going to the hospital countless times because I can't protect you, Enjoy robbing banks & torturing people. Letting you kill someone, turning you into a monster. She deserved more, but I couldn't stand the thought her with someone who could give her more.

I heard her breathing through the phone. I shut my eyes, pretending that she was breathing right next to me. Pretending that she was still mine & we were madly in love. I couldn't say anything to her, my mouth was incapable of telling her that it's me or I love you.

My finger tapped my phone screen, ending the call. My regret & anger caused me to throw my phone against the wall. I watched as it shattered completely. Why does loving someone have to be this hard? I asked myself. It's only this hard because it's me.

"Why did you hang up without saying anything?" Zayn asked. I quickly sat up from sofa, placing the half empty bottle of vodka on the center table. Zayn was fucking nosey & it drove me insane.

"Are you drunk?,"

"What are you talking about," I asked, ignoring his dumb question.