The Callers

Mr. Edwards was staring at me the whole time we were at the elevator. His stares were molten hot. The type of stare that I would not usually contain. I was grateful to have a rented Mustang so I easily got away.

I dropped my bag on table and my coat upon the hanger. I was extremely exhausted. The rain was banging hard on my windows. Puddles of watter sheeted down on the already muddy ground.The rain had addaed another layer of rain watter to the already sodden road. Ifound that it was not the perfect day to return the mustang.

Oh, I almost failed to tell you that I actually have my very own flat. Not with noisy sisters, not with dad, not with a boyfriend of course. It's just a small flat of mine that I have arranged for myself. Dad was anxious, and he did not want me to go have a house of my own, as usual, my sister Lizzie defended me again, and voila! my own home.I was a few streets away from CBS, and a stroll far from Coco Chanel and Giorgio Armani.

To be honest, Mr. Edwards was so damn familiar. His stares were just too impossible to not recognize. I can feel the familiarity, but it's very different from Nate. It's like he's holding up an opposing force. I could always feel the intensity, even as we were staring at each other from the lift who carried me, to him, even as we were separated floors away. I could not believe that I was actually thinking of him, that ad manager whom I felt actually had me as a material of attraction. My phone rang then , and distracted me from my grim thoughts. Peculiar that I impossibly wished it was Mr. Edwards who called. Of course, it was Hallie, my all time best friend.

"Hi Hal."

"Colette Parker, how did the ad man meeting go?"

The first person who came to my mind, was Declan Wyatt M. Edwards, but I recoiled the thought away, and went a train of thought detour.

"Uh- it- it was a- actually okay Hallie, dear. It was a success."

"You deserve a toast, Coe. Dress up, I'll go grab jolly old Jack Daniels."

I was happy I had Hallie to celebrate my joys with. "Okay, Hal. I'll be there in a few minutes."

I totally forgot about Mr. Edwards, WhenThis time, I did not expect Mr. Edwards, but Hallie, hell, I was wrong.

I beamed a nice: "HAL! Could you hold your horses? I'm in the middle of unstrapping my bra."

A man on the other line coughed (professionally) and gave a husky sigh. "Miss Parker, this is Declan Edwards"

There was a fewmoments of silence, but to me it felt like hours. "H- hello, S- sir Edwards. I thought you were..." I sighed. I was freaking embarassed. My cheeks went beet, I think it's the reddest my cheeks had gone. I felt that a small wing of privacy was snatched... or rather, I gave away a piece of my privacy.

"It's okay with me, Ms. Parker cause I'd like to invite you for lunch."

"Lunch, Sir?"

"Why, is it that bad, Colette?"

"N- no Sir. Lunch is fine... Uh. Now Sir?" I felt totally embarrassed. Too embarrassed to feel that I did't have the right to say no.

"Yes," I could feel him nodding on the other line. Less than an hourhas passed since the ad meeting, and now the frustrating boss wanted to meet me. He started to freak me out,so likewhat every girl woulddo,I declined on Declan.

"Sir, I'm afraid I have pre- scheduled meetings. I'm sorry."

"With Hallie Underwood?"

"Y-yes, Sir." I melted at the sound of Hallie Under- wonder- wood. "How did..." My cheeks went red and hot with anger. If couse, he asked his assistants to stalk the fuck out of me.

"Hallie canceled the wine party."

"I'll get back to you Declan. Er, Sir. I'll go call Hallie Un- der- wood and after the confirmation, I'd concur."

"No, Miss Parker, Hold it for a second, I'll direct you to Underwood residence." I heard a tone at that second and boom, it was really Hallie.

"Hal. Is that really you?" I shockingly remarked.

"Who do you think it would be? Coe, I had to cancel our little toast because Decler Someone wants to talk to you." Hallie lazily said.

"It's Declan, Hal. This is also why I am happy to hear that it is really you. This is crazy. A creepy. old male hag..." I was talkingand shouting so loud when Hallie interrupted.

"Didn't you realize that he was the one who directed you here and that he might actually be still on the line listening to our conversation?"

"Oh." I hung up immediately. I could not take the frustration hovering through my veins. How dare he step into my life!

I finished dressing up, brewed a cup of tea and sat comfy on my loveseat sofa. I lit the fireplace and I turned Mozart's Violin Sonata No. 26 in B- flat major up max on my playlist, and suddenly all the worries flew away.

In a few minutes, I fell in a deep slumber and just I felt exactly the way I slept when I was recovering at Nathan Hall's home.

anotherdreamer| all rights reserved (c)2013