The Remnants

"Where have you been?" Nathan asked while brushing his hair.

"I went to visit Hallie."

"Hallie? Hallie, or Kevin?" he said beneath gritted teeth. I could tell that he was angry.

"I swear, Nathan. I visited Hallie, please calm down." he walked back and forth in our small room. I hugged him from behind. I felt his voice hitching a panic and i soon began to feel the tears in my eyes. He won't calm down. Perspiration. His body was perspiring badly. He began to sweep me in his arms and cry.

"I can't lose you again, babe. I can't lose you again." He said repeatedly. I kissed his lips, and whispered.

"I am yours , Nate. My whole heart belongs to you only." He smiled at me.

"I love you, Colette Parker." He said. with his hands around me, his arms wrapped around my waist, and his lips close to mine.

"And, I love you too, Dr. Nathan Hall."

We closed the distance between us, and shared another bountiful kiss.

"Nate, the first thing we have to do now is to find a way to break the yin and yang connection between you and your cousin, Declan." I remarked, thinking of Declan too. I did not want him to get hurt, but he's a threat to me and to the people I love, and he is a threat to himself too.

"Yes, I know Coe, but that would mean us staying together no matter what. We have to keep the force centrifugated to my side, and babe, you dictate which force dominates. You are the what we are fighting for. It willbe hard, babe, but please, we'll endure this, we just have to stay together

"What do we have to do?" I asked.

"One has to die."

There I realized the reality of the situation. I was sure to lose one of them. I was sure as hell that I would choose Nate, but I did not want to lose Declan.

"No." i said, sobbing. "No,Nate, there must be another way! The death of Declan would not redeem us."

"Another way is for me to die, Coe. That is the only other way. Me. I should die for Kevin to live."

"Nate, I am sure as damn hell, I would not let you die."

"That is not up to you, Coe. Either Kevin comes to kill me, or he kills himself."

"We escaped once, Nate! We can escape again. Let's go somewhere! Europe, Australia, Asia? Wherever. Please, let's go."

"You don't know what you are saying. Remember, the world is against me. The nature, the forces are against me, I owe Kevin something, and the force won't give this to me again. Either he dies, or I die, or I can escape..."

"You can? Come now, if you think we can, we should start now. I'll book a flight now?"

"I did not say 'we', Coe, it's just me. We escaped before because we were apart. that's how it should be. We should not be together, that way, no one dies. You, the force remains in the middle, and no one dies. Coe, that is how it works."

"No, no, no babe please don't say that."

He started with the tears of painful truth

"...I did not want to say those words, Coe, believe me. But I could never put you at risk again. I can't let you get hurt. I am doing this to protect you."

"Nate, without you, I am worse than vulnerable. i will be heartless, numb, trash without you in my life, God, I could not even stand the thought of you getting married to another woman. Please, don't do this." I begged. That time, all I thought of was our hearts racing, my hands shaking, my world falling apart.

He simply kissed me in the forehead and went to his car.

I swiftly called Liz and my dad, to tell them that I was with Nathan and thet Declan and I ended our relationship, mostly, I called to warn them,

"Liz, listen to me, no one gets near Declan, okay?" Those were the last words I ever told Elizabeth before i hung up.

I ran outside, oblivious to the danger around. I saw Nate!'s figure becoming smaller in the distance as he sadly sauntered to the car. I pulled his hands, brought my face close to his, and kissed his lips.

"Don't do this." i said between kisses. I grabbed his hand and swiftly brought us to his car. I took the keys and drove far away.

Nathan was in rage, "Parker, what are you doing?!!"

"I will bring us to Lillian. She can tell us what and who Declan really is."

"No! Listen to me, Colette. STOP THE CAR. We are not going anywhere near that family. It is dangerous,"

"No, you listen to me, Nate. What is more dangerous than you facing death alone?! If you feel like facing death, Nathan? We'll face it together. If we die, we die together. You understand me?" I rhetorically asked. That shut him up.

Or I thought so...

"What are we going to do if Kevin would be there too?"

"Then we face him, together."

"Coe, we told him that he's Kevin. He's entirely oblivious to him being my long lost cousin. His memory will come back for sure, and you know what will happen. HE WILL KILL ME. I can't kill him, Coe."

"If killing him is what it takes..." I stopped, I could not believe those words actually came out of my mouth. I was entirely embarassed by myself. Nathan sighed and did not talk. tears sprang out of his eyes, itw as obvious that he was in deep thought, that he wanted everything to end at the slightest chance, but it was a choice between himself and someone he really cared about.

I stopped the car in the middle of the road.

"I'm so sorry, babe" I cupped his face and kissed his lips and drove back home, home, home to Colorado. I never felt so right in my life. Linda opened the gates, greeted us back, she hugged me, and it felt amazing to come back at the Hall's house for thousands of reasons.

Linda brought me to the old room where I used to sleep. She prepared hot chocolate, food and clothes. Nate gave Phil and his father a phone call. They all knew about the Yin Yang. I could not just let things fall apart. I must do something, anything to stop the craze. I called Elizabeth and asked her to confront Lillian, and demand her to meet me in California. I had to protect Nathan, or he will die. I waited painstakingly for hours, wanting, wishing that Liz would reply rather quickly. 7:07 in the evening, I received the most dreaded call from Lillian.

"Lillian?"

"What is happening, Parker??" She was mad, she sniffed between her words. "Where is my brother?"

"Where? Isn't he with you?"

"He has been lost for three days, no Declan in the office, no Declan in his home, we tried going to your house, but you were not there. Is he with you?"

"Lillian, Declan tried to kill me."

"What are you talking about, whore?"

"Lillian, I will ask you one question, and I demand answers."

"Is that a threat? What is your question, Miss Colette Parker?"

"Who is Declan" She stopped, and I felt the nervousness rising in her throat, "Answer me!" i shouted. She chuckled, playfully.

"Are you kidding me, Parker? You have been his game changer, his sole lover for the past years, and you are going to ask me who your boyfriend really is?"

"Lillian..." I paused, feeling the lies underneath her skin. "Who is Kevin?"

Meet me at the coffee shop in front of the office. Our meeting was then adjourned.