The Lopsided Constellation

The moment I opened eyes, I was clashed between reality and fiction. Nate was lying beside me, naked. Declan was on my head. I grabbed my shirt, put it on, and I scurried to my car. I snatched my bag and rummaged through all the make-up clutter, until I was able to locatemy phone. I brushed my hair up with my hand, and I looked at the call history. Ther were a million calls from Declan. I knew he was not awake, it was just the break of dawn. I left him a voicemail.

"Declan, Honey? Please don't worry about me, I am okay. I am happy and fine. I'll be back in New York in a few days. I am so sorry I just told you, It's an emergency, Hon. I promise, I'd get back to you soon. I love you, Declan. I'll be back soon, I miss you."

I hung up, gave a sigh and shoved the phone to my pocket. I went back inside the house. I took a long warm bath, and since I came with nothing but a piece of paper and my phone, I took one of Nate's shirts, which looked oversized on me. I looked like a little girl in a huge shack. I peeked at myself in the mirror and silently said.

"Colette Parker, you are in big trouble."

I went back to bed beside the sleeping Nate, draped more blankets on him. I scrolled through my blackberry, and read the reports sent to me via e-mail. I felt exhausted even as I was only reading. I did not realize that Nate was awake. He stared at me like I was some mausoleum. I looked at him and blinked twice before I said "goodmorning" He did not even bother to cover himself, he walked towards his closet, his perfectly shaped butt was right in fromt of me. He wore a loose hang pair of jeans, then went back to bed with me

"I think you went outside?" He askeed, while looking at me from the mirror.

"I went to get this.'I said, waving my phone.

"Honey, you were pretty rushed."

I paused for a moment, and realized that Nate deserved a correction.

"Nate, can you please not call me Honey?" I sighed... " It's what my boyfriend calls me."

"Can I call you babe, then?"

"Please, Nathan. I have to work. I'd go back to New York on Monday."

"So... my babe's staying for the weekend." He grinned.

I snuck under the blankets and poked my head to face him. Our faces were a few centimeters away from each other and his heat was emanating through his naked body. My hair felt like a sheet of aluminum. I looked at him in the eyes.

"This. Is. Wrong." I whispered,

"Even after the amazing things we did last night, babe?"

"Just... don't give me titles. just plain Coe."

"Do you... regret?"

I gaped and widened my eyes. "No! Of course not, Nate. Regret is not even the last thing that I felt. It's just that..."

"Say it Coe, I want us to be honest with each other. I don't want to lose you ever again,"

"That's the point, Nate. Honesty will ruin us, because the right thing to do is get back to New York, to my boyfriend and..." I sighed, tears were again building up."

My phone rang just at that point.

"Declan." I said.

"I wanna hear it." Nate said, with his eyes glued to mine.

I pressed a few buttons and an exaperated, worried Declan came over.

"Honey, can you at least please tell me where you are? The last time we talked was last night, and you were crying, and now you call to say you are happy and fine? God, I don't know what to do. You know what, for the record? you make me feel worthless all the time."