The Wedding

Months have gone slowly, biting my sadness away. I have learned to value my relationship,with Declan. Our moments together felt more real, fun, and extremely intimate. We shared the days, weeks, nights together, laughing, kissing and making love like there's no tomorrow. He has given me a soft heart and great expectations to look forward to. But of course, as these feelings for Declan grew, so did the pain I felt. The more I was drawn near Declan, the more life presses me to forget Nate, and accept that he's far from my reality.

One morning, I shuffled through the rusty letters in my mailbox, and I saw a cute, laced envelope. It was definitely one of my girls' bridal shower...

Or so I thought...

"You are cordially invited to Nathan and Samantha's Wedding." I froze. I thrashed my mailbox and began to feel mad. I felt the blood rising through my veins. I counted one to fifty, but the pain just won't subside. I threw invitation to my bag. It has been in, lurking around my house for days and I thought it was just a typical letter. I wanted to rip my heart out of my chest. I did not fight my tears. After a while, I felt tired. So, the person I have always loved, and never traded for finally found a special someone. She was a someone named Samantha.

I did not think, or so I forgot how to think. I crashed unto my car and ran the speed of 110 mph. I felt the pain of mine cling unto my wheels. I drove all the way to Colorado, and before I knew it, I was parked right in front of the Hall's residence before the day ended.

It was night. Almost nothing changed as I arrived. The elfins were refurbished. The small Aviary was still there, and of course, Linda. I saw her peep from the gate. I cried hard inside my car, and can't get out. I felt my heart slowly having small blisters. My stomach was tied in knots. My happiness ran with the wind. I sobbed in the car, not wanting to see him. . . wanted to shout Nate's name. I wondered if he was there. I wanted to believe that he was not. I wanted to tell him how much pain he has brought me. I remembered dancing with him under the moon and the cold of the night. I could picture us, hand in hand at Alcove beach. Nathan's hand into mine. I almost could feel his breath on my ear, saying "I love you, Coe." I could feel the tears in my eyes again, the fresh pain as I realized that we were over that day when he turned his back at me after a bountiful kiss we shared.I reminisced the day when he carried me into his arms, giving birth to new species of butterflies in my tummy. I could almost feel his arms around me a when he once strapped me to my old, rusty wheelchair. Our hearts were then pounding, beating as one But then, reality hit me hard. My beloved was getting married. There was no love with a heartbreak. The feeling made me want to bury my heart deep under until it burns with the earth's crust, and when my heart is molten, I would never learn to love again. I punched on through the steering wheel and asked the good Lord to take the pain away from my heart. It was so heavy to carry. I have reserved everything for Nate. Everything to the point of putting away love for Declan.

My world came crashing down. I summoned all the strength I could take to get off the car and stand before him. But before I got the guts to leave my car, saw... her. Samantha, with her beautiful locks, her silky skin, her gorgeous face. Her crooked smile, her amazing figure, with all the imperfections that make her perfect in Nate's eyes. She flushed water at some of the beautiful plants at the house. She tucked her hair behind her ear and brought her hand back to her pockets. She seemed kind, jolly and friendly. She wore a blue scrub suit,then same ones they had at Colorado Springs Hospital. There was a stethoscope draped on her neck like some accessory. I postulated that maybe she was a doctor? a nurse? whatever, but maybe she worked with Nate, or a long time friend of him, or worse, maybe she was Gail... no, her name was Samantha. She looked so angelic. There was no way I on earth I could ever blame her or get angey at her for hitting on Nathan. She looked so kind, amicable and pure. I felt devastated. Of course, Nathan would surely fall for that girl. The whole universe suddenly hitched gravity over me. I felt the callouses in arteries thicken. I gasped for air between the sobs. My swollen eyes were just there, not beautiful.