The Reminisence

Hi! This would be my last update before the end of our semestral break. I hope you like it!

Stay tuned for more updates J

-----------------------------------anotherdreamer------------------------------------------

It was cold when she left. It has become dangerous for the only girl I love to stay here. I couldn’t fathom the pain I had upon her departure. When she said that I saved her life, it was the other way around. She has saved mine… I did murder Kevin. Yes, I did, and I don’t have any right to hide that from Coe. It is obvious that Kevin loves her as well, I don’t care if she chose me. I don’t want history to repeat itself…

Seven years ago…

                The meadow was shaded with a perfect hue of violet skies and green grass. The wind was caressing my face as I was laying down the rough surface beside the girl I desired the most, Gail. Kevin was at the other side. She was our best friend and the only girl who made us happy and went with us to play even in hot afternoons. That day was special. It was the eve of Kevin’s birthday, and the eve of breaking the Yin and Yang. We could finally live our lives in separate ways, after all, we’re not kids anymore, and childhood is over. We could finally choose the girl to love and the person to cherish. As for me, I knew it was Gail. Her eyes shone like sparkling diamonds, her skin was white as snow. I loved looking at her, even from afar. Her hands were soft against my hard hands. I want her to be mine when we grow up. As we were in the grass, Gail’s hands were holding Kevin’s and mine. She spoke of something like she said she was happy that the birds were not sleeping at that time of the day so that we could watch them with the sun as it sets. After she uttered those words, she stared at my face and smiled at me. Kevin waited, and waited for the moment that she smiled at him, but she never did. It was fine with Kevin then. He knew it was meaningless, but I knew it was everything that meant to me. I was far excited for the perfect breaking of the Yin Yang. I could finally court Gail. And so, with Kevin around, I asked her out. My back was laid flat on the cold ground while I was holding Gail’s hand.

                “Gail, are you free tomorrow?” I asked shyly

                “I don’t know, Nathan. Ask Kevin.” She said, flushing slightly.

                “No, I was kinda planning to ask you out.” I coughed and hesitantly poured out my real purpose. “No, um what I mean is you and I only.”

                She turned her face away and left my fingers. Gail placed her arm on top of her tummy and closed her eyes.

                “Well, tomorrow would be Kevin’s birthday. I don’t think I’d be able to spend a day with us… alone.” She said in a whisper, her eyes closed.

                It was the end of the conversation. Kevin’s eyes glowed in appreciation when he heard Gail’s words himself. He was like slapping an “I win!” face to me. I kept quiet as their hands were clasped together and their eyes both closed. I stood up and left them lying, as if I was accepting my defeat. I perched in a boulder just a few meters away from Kevin and Gail. I planned to ask them to hike a few kilometers from the meadow, well, just to have a bit of fun and experience. As the idea entered my brain, I sat beside the peaceful Kevin and nudged his arm.

                “Hey, you like to hike?” I asked. In an instant, Kevin opened his eyes and looked at me. He smiled.

                “Great idea, bro.” He smirked and stood up as he dusted himself off. I helped Gail to her feet. We were all prepared for the trek, and we all agreed to go for a short hike together as a part of Kevin’s “eve-of-his-birthday-fun-experience”.