The Tears

This is just a short part, but anyway, I really hope you like it :)

--------------------anotherdreamer------------------------

"Colette!" My dad literally screamed.

Joy was an understatement to the feeling hovering unto me as I saw my dad and my many sisters. There were streamers across the house welcoming me saying :

WELCOME HOME OUR DEAR COLETTE!

Daddy threw his arms around me and he said all the most flowery words in the whole world, but despite all the suffocating hugs and kisses, I appreciated my dad's efforts. Tears sprung from my eyes. The feelings were mixed. My heart was beating in different directions, I did not know if the feeling was excruciatingly beautiful, or just too agonizing to know that I was far from them for a long time. I loved to be around my family, but I missed the love of my life.

At seventeen, I wondered if it was how marrying felt. My six sisters were standing aligned, voraciously waiting for their turns to hug me. My eyes were full of tears as I finished rationing my hugs and kisses. A long chat followed. I realized that Liz hadn't told anyone about Nate. They did not even ask, or inquire about him. The day ended in the patio. Liz and I had Earl Grey tea together. There came the real talk.

"Coe, what happened?" She asked, straight-faced. I knew I was in trouble. I was thankful that Liz hadn't let anyone know, and now I owe her the whole story.

I tried to beat around the bush in the hope of escaping her tenacious personality. "Well, the doctor to be, Nate told me that I was okay, better, and then he said I could go."

"No, I mean the real reason." Liz asked, annoyingly.

"What else?" I said, exasperated. "That is just about everything."

"Now, you just proved me that there is something more with the tone of your voice. Come on, Colette, you are seventeen years old, and I think I deserve to know a little about you!"

My tears were preparing their assault. Telling Elizabeth was not a part of my options. Why? Because telling her would mean regressing to the previous event, remembering Nate's ashen face, seeing him perpetually hurt again, his immaculate face stained with tears again. I didn't want to repeat the whole scenario. In the silence of my mouth, my tears spoke, gently, slowly flowing, mimicking the words that were about to form on my lips. I shook my head.

"Liz, whatever happened in Colorado, stays in Colorado. I don't want to talk about it. I am beyond tired, and I think you are too."

I stood up, took my cardigan and tea cup and went in, my heart was black with coals of pain.

----------End of "The Tears"--------

all rights reserved (c) 2012

| anotherdreamer