Calum

"Hey Cal how was school?"

Ignoring Anna's question I threw my backpack to the floor and slamming the front door behind me made a beeline for the stairs.

"Calum." She mothered, following after me, "Are you okay?"

"Fine." I called over my shoulder, taking the stairs two at a time.

"Are you sure?"

"I said I'm fine Anna."

"Did you eat okay tod...."

"I said I'm fucking fine Anna!" I snapped, whirling around to face her at the top of the stairs, causing her, who was stood several steps behind me to take a step back, her eyes widening in alarm as she teetered on the edge of the stair before balancing herself with the railing.

"Get a life so you can stay out of mine." I warned, trying to hurt her enough that her concern for me would diminish.

"I'm just worried about you." She said sadly, "I care."

"That's something we don't have in common." I spat, "You don't know anything. And it's not like I'd take advice from your fat ass even if you did."

Looking as if I'd smacked her, her mouth falling open in shock and her eyes welling with tears, she looked down at herself. Immediately a wave of guilt washed over me.

She wasn't fat, she'd never been fat, heck she wasn't even chubby. But Anna never wore bathing suits. She didn't wear shorts, she'd tried every diet under the sun and in sixth grade she'd had a boob job box. I knew she didn't like herself, outwardly anyway, I knew how that felt, I knew how much it hurt to be reminded of yourself, for your self-deprecating beliefs to be verified.

A tear rolling down her cheek she wordlessly continued up the stairs, brushing against me roughly as she past before storming into her room, slamming the door behind her.

Guilt and self disgust radiating from every facet of my being I trudged into my room, gently closing the door before crossing to my bed and flopping down atop the clothes I'd word the day before.

Sighing, I ran my hands down my face only removing them when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Pulling it out I found a string of missed text messages from Katy.

Not in the mood and knowing I was currently mentally and physically incapable of being a nice person, I dropped the phone on the bed beside me and turning my back on it, closed my eyes, waiting for sleep to overcome me.

׻H