Calum

I would just like to thank you guys for your comments on my favorite chapter so far, C.

You guys are the most sarcastic lil shits I've ever meet and I'm so grateful to each and every one of you  that reads this story.

"it's raining. The sky is this really great purple gray color and the clouds are like, black. You hear that sound? That's the rain on the window."

Setting Katy's right arm down across her stomach, I picked up her left one and rested it on my knee before opening the nail polish resting on her bed.

"Your sister left today with Sam. He's going to love living with her. She's got two other little kids; it'll be a lot of fun for him. That's where you'll go too, after you wake up.... Your Mom was here earlier. She took a train. She didn't stay long though, there were a lot of people but she'll be back tomorrow..... I'm painting your nails. Just so you know. I thought it would look nice, and I've already played you my favorite songs and read you two books. I'm waiting for you. Whenever you're ready, I'll be here, for as long as it takes."

Finishing with her right hand, I rested it on her middle.

"Beautiful." I sighed, reaching up tucking her hair behind her ear, "I can't help but feel a little like a prince just sitting here, waiting. I can't make up my mind if you're snow-white or sleeping beauty. I know I'm supposed to kiss you, but your sleeping and can't give consent which just complicates things tremendously."

I looked around the room, I'd memorized by heart.

"I'm failing, like all my classes." I informed her, "That's okay though, I'd rather be with you, there's always summer school... but, realistically I can't stay here forever. My Dad has to work, Anna is at home alone, Michael will undoubtedly get pissy thinking we're having another adventure. I'm going back in two days. I need you to give me a hug though before I go, tell me you'll miss me, all that good stuff."

Resting my hand on the wall behind me, I sighed, "Your thumb is pretty messed up. I'm not going to lie, but I'm kind of knew to the whole nail polish thing so I didn't know it runs all over.... I'll fix it when it dries though."

I wondered if I was crazy, talking to myself.

"Visiting hours' end in like ten minutes." I said, glancing down at my watch, "I'm going to have to get going... But I'll be back tomorrow. I've been here every day. Because I love you. I tell you that, every day. I hope you know that... I hope that somewhere, in there, you're sitting there listening to me. I hope you know that you are so much more then my best friend. You know when you have a pen, a pen yo really care about, and then you lose the cap, and you can't have the pen without the cap, it'll write all over the inside of your backpack... You're the cap, and I'm the pen... Or Vice versa, point is, we're like Woody and Buzz, or Harry and Hermione, or Johnny Depp and Tim Burton. I miss you."

Sighing, I rose to my feet, and leaning over Katy, kissed her cheek lightly.

"I love you." I whispered, "I'll see yo tomorrow."

Straightening up, I twisted the cap on the nail polish and after tucking it into my pocket, shuffled out of the room, eager for six am to roll around again when visiting hours would resume and I could return to my rightful place, beside her.