Calum

"Katy.....Katy..... Kate..... Katie.... Are you mad at me?"

As white as the wall behind her, Katy slowly tore her eyes from the empty garbage can on her lap and shook her head a microscopic amount. Her lips pursing, she squeezed her eyes shut and hesitated a moment before barfing into the bucket.

Unsure of what to do I tentatively pulled strands of her hair behind her hunched shoulders and out of the way.

At the sound of vomit hitting the garbage bin, Mrs. Clot the school nurse frowned, "Are you sure there's no way you could be pregnant?" She demanded for the fifth time.

"No." Katy groaned weekly, wiping her mouth on the back of her hand.

Mrs. Clot sighed, "Did you eat anything before school?"

Katy shook her head.

"Did you eat dinner last night?"

Again Katy shook her head.

"When is the last time you ate?"

Frowning, Katy thought for a moment then shrugged, "Friday."

"That was three days ago!" I cried out, "Why aren't you eating? What's wrong? You have to eat..."

"Calum." Mrs. Clot sighed, "Please honey, calm down or I'm going to have to send you back to class."

Biting my lower lip I glanced over at Katy worriedly.

"Why haven't you been eating sweetie?" Mrs. Clot questioned.

"I've been busy." Katy answered, "I worked all weekend and I don't eat the food at work anymore, it's greasy and gross, and when I get home it's late so rather then wake everyone up with the microwave I just..."

"Went to bed." Mrs. Clot said knowingly.

Katy nodded.

"Okay." The middle aged ginger sighed, "I'm going to give you a note excusing you for the rest of the day. I want you to go home and eat something light. If you can keep that down have something a little heavier a few hours later."

"Can I go with her?" I blurted out.

"Are you sick or her legal guardian."

A terrible liar, I shook my head.

"Then you can head back to class."

"Please can I." I pleaded, "She's my girlfriend.

Immediately Katy sent me a frown and my heart dropped.

"What?" I whispered.

Still scowling she looked away.

"Please Mrs. Clot." I begged, "You know I'll just leave anyway."

Sighing defeatedly, the thin nurse handed both Katy and I pieces of paper.

"Thank you!" I breathed.

"Out of my office." She muttered, a smirk tugging at the corners of her over lined lips.

Quickly, before she could change her mind I rose to my feet and taking Katy by the hand led her out of the nurses office, out of school and to my car, where to my dismay, Katy finally spoke.

"So I'm your girlfriend now?"

Wincing, I shrugged, "We're more or less dating."

"Less." She scoffed, "Who forgets Valentine's Day?"

I felt bad at first then irritated as I ran my fingertips through my hair, "Who forgets to eat?"

"You apparently."