Katy

Fact of the Day : I just made an instagram... you should follow me just sayin (simxnee97)

I woke up, I'd elaborate but in all honesty it was actually very boring so I'll spare you the long winded paragraph of how the world looked opening my eyes for the first time, and how I spent a day and a half crying when I saw my face, and I'll spare you the gruesome details of every jagged scar and line which covered my skin like cracks in a china doll.

I'll instead skip two days later, on my going back to school eve.

I was sitting on my bed in the guest room Dorothy's fiancé had promised me we would decorate to my liking over the weekend, listening to Sam and Harriet playing who were playing loudly in the next room and waiting for my phone to ring.

Glancing from the book I was reading and down to the electronic device I sighed. I would have been perfectly content staring at the screen until my joints atrophied and I was fixed in a permeant Buddha statue position, however a light knock on the door diverted my attention.

"He call yet?" Dorothy questioned, still wearing her clothes from work, her shiny high heeled shoes held in her hand.

I shook my head.

"Austin ran to the store to get some strawberries." She informed me, leaning on the doorframe, "Apparently sugar free angel food cake is on the menu."

In all honestly I wanted no part of the angel food cake, I'd always hated the spongy, tasteless stuff, however knowing how hard Austin had tried to make meals that were both healthy and delicious, for my benefit I found myself nodding.

It shocked me at first, how much Austin looked like Ashton. Dark curly hair, green eyes, tall, muscular build, glasses... But after a few days I'd realized the two couldn't have been more different. While Ashton was impulsive, passionate to a fault and dangerous, Austin was calm, kind, caring and one heck of a cook.

He worked three nights, at a children's hospital as a nurse, and during the day he took care of the kids while Dorothy worked.

It had made uncomfortable at first, being alone in the apartment with him, however he had about as much intention of hurting me, or anyone else for that matter, as a turtle winning a marathon.

"Did you like the Stir Fry he made for dinner?" Dorothy questioned.

"The vegetables were good." I admitted, "The rice was a little...."

"Horrifically undercooked?" Dorothy laughed, "Yeah I know."

Smiling, I watched as Dorothy pulled her hair up into a messy bun. I could see myself in her face, we shared an array of similar features only hers were more mature, more grown up and beautiful. I thought I'd hated her, but after a few days living with her I'd realized that I hoped to by exactly like her in the future.

She'd left Sam and I not out of selfishness but out of self-preservation. She knew Ashton would call the police and report that she'd kidnapped him so she'd left alone. She was scared to come back, scared of her finding her, and so she'd stayed away.

She had a family she loved, a cozy apartment, a successful job and a gym she'd already taken me to twice, where we made under our breath flirtations remarks about her personal trainer.

I hadn't known what I wanted in life, but she'd made me certain, I wanted stability and safety and happiness.

"I'm going to go see the kids for a bit." She said, "And then I'm going to the gym, you wanna come?"

I nodded, "After I get off the phone with Calum."

Smiling, she nodded and slipped out of the room, closing the door lightly behind her.