Calum

"Calum!"

Sighing I ran my fingertips through my hair before forcing a smile on my face and turning around to face the person calling me. Immediately a Barbie looking blonde ran up to me.

"Hi!" she greeted.

"Hey." I chuckled.

"I'm having a party tonight." She informed me, batting her obnoxiously fake eyelashes.

"And?" I asked, leaning up against a random locker.

"And I was wondering if you would come." She whined.

"Where are your parents?" I questioned.

"Out of town for the weekend." She answered.

"Then why are you having a party?" I laughed, "Wouldn't you rather have fun with your boyfriend?"

"I don't have one." She mumbled.

"That can be changed," I chuckled, pressing her back against the locker, pinning her there with my hips.

"What... what do you have in mind?" she stammered.

Smirking, I brushed her hair off her shoulder, and blowing warm air lightly on her exposed neck let my lips trail upwards slowly towards her ear before whispering, "Nothing. You're not my type."

Her face fell as I straightened up backing away from her, "Sorry baby doll." I laughed, "I'm busy tonight."

"Some other night then?" she questioned.

"Probably not." I replied, before turning on my heel to head for class however I didn't make it two steps before I crashed into someone.

"Sorry." They said quickly.

Looking down I found Katy staring up at me.

"Watch it." I muttered.

"Hey look it's Katy Prat, the rolling ball of fat." A girl laughed, walking past.

Katy looked down.

"Watch where you're going next time." I sighed.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, her eyes filling with tears.

Feeling guilty, I reached out and ran my hand up and down her arm awkwardly in what I hoped was a comforting gesture before continuing to class.

~
"Are you gonna eat that?"

Looking up from my greasy slice of cafeteria pizza to my friend Luke who was sitting across the table from me, annoyingly snapping the buttons of his varsity jacket, I shook my head.

"Can I have it?" He questioned.

Sighing I dropped the slice of pizza down on his tray in front of him.

"Thanks." He said brightly, "Are you sure you don't want this?"

Licking my lips I looked at the large, limp triangular slice of floppy dough, spicy sauce and greasy cheese held in Luke's hands.

It seemed to be staring back at me, beckoning me forward, tempting me. Pleading with me in a hypnotic way, aided by its haunting aroma, screaming to be eaten.

It would taste good, so good, better then good in my mouth. The dough growing mushy, the sauce dissolving, the cheese slowly melting, giving away on my tongue. It would travel roll down my tongue, travel down my throat and then sit there, in a glutinous glob of fat in my gut, filling me with shame, guilt, hatred.

I didn't want that. I didn't need it.

"Earth to Calum." Luke said slowly.

"Oh, sorry what?" I laughed awkwardly.

"You're sure you don't want this?" He questioned again.

"I said no did I not?" I snapped, more then a little pissed off, just wanting him to eat the thing already.

His eyebrows raising Luke took a bite, smearing tomato sauce on his chin.

"You never really eat lunch anymore." He noted with his mouthful, "Everything cool?"

"Everything's fine." I lied, "I've been having big breakfasts...."

No breakfast.

"..And huge dinners."

Another lie. I couldn't remember the last time I'd had a normal meal. First it had been a me cutting back on junk food, then watching what I ate, then a five bite diet, which had shrunk down to random sporadic bites when I needed them.

My stomach feeling as if it were caving in on its self, I picked up cucumber slice off my tray and took a small nibble.

Luke was blubbering on incoherently but I wasn't paying attention. My mind was just on that damn piece of pizza I wanted so bad and the cucumber I had inhaled.

Feeling hungrier then I was to begin with i reached out and picking up another cucumber slice, ate it. Followed by a tomato slice, a piece of lettuce and a small price of onion.

Licking my lips, savoring the mushy vegetables in my mouth I looked down at the croton in my salad. The small square piece of crunchy garlicky goodness which would taste like heaven dissolving on my tongue.

But I didn't need it. Picking up my water I removed the cap before dumping it all over the remains of my salad. Frowning I then plucked the soggy croton from the mess and crushed it between my fingertips. Grinding the pads of my thumb and index finger together, dissolving the wet crumbs into nothingness.

"What the hell are you doing?" Luke demanded snapping me back the present.

Looking down I wiped my fingertips off on my pants before hastily rising to my feet.

"I have to go." I muttered, "See you at practice."

Looking confused Luke nodded as I quickly turned on my heel and made my way out of the loud cafeteria away from the thing I simultaneously loved and hated, food.