Katy

The fire dancing energetically in the corner was certainly a contributing factor as to why the room was warm.

The oven in the next room emitting the tantalizing aroma of gingerbread in the next room was also a variable.

As where the small children running around the living room, new toys in hand, screaming as they engaged in some sort of tag.

But the warmth I felt wasn't external. It certainly has something to do with the dark haired boy who was laid across the couch, his head resting on my lap as my fingers combed through his soft hair, messaging his scalp.

However the warmth I felt came from within me, burning in my chest like a fire, the smoke of the emotion moving rapidly to my extremities and filling them with the raw and overwhelming sensation of both peace and excitement that came with love.

I didn't have to say anything and neither did he. We hadn't in hours.

It had been some time in the early afternoon when Calum had shown up on my doorstep wearing a pair of low hanging baggy, flannel pajama pants and a loose fitting crew neck.

His cheeks had been red with cold then but were now a rosy fuchsia with warmth.

He'd had my present with him, a necklace that had cost entirely too much money wrapped so expertly I knew immediately it was the store that had done it rather then the teenage boy, however I didn't want to dishearten him so said nothing.

I'd had no idea what to get him at first so it was with great trepidation that I'd given him his gift, a faux leather bound journal in which I'd inscribed a cheesy yet heart warming proclamation of my devotion.

I figured he could write what he ate in it, something I watched him scribble on spare bits of paper and unused napkins many a time. Or he could write a world renown best seller within it's pages. It was up to him.

We hadn't talked much after that. Words seemed redundant. We were both tired, we both could feel the adoration we held for one another radiating from within us and we both knew that small talk wasn't necessary. We had no need to entertain one another, being together was enough. And it would always be enough. And if this were a fairy tale, now would be the part where I'd say and they lived happily ever after, they end.

Only it's not. I thought that at the time, however I couldn't be more wrong.

Hi
So I know it's been absolutely forever since I've updated and I'm very sorry.

But you see this was supposed to be the last chapter but since I've gotten past my writers block I've decided to keep the story going. I hope you want to keep reading <3

Also I wouldn't complain if you followed my tumblr simxnee97 😬💕😋