Calum

Stopping my car at the Star Bucks a block away from school, I lowered the volume of the music and turned to face Bethany.

"You're sure I can't just drive you the rest of the way there."

"Positive." She laughed, unbuckling her seatbelt, "You ask this every day."

"I don't know why we can't be seen together."

"Because that's weird." She replied, "We can't stand each other."

"You're living in my house."

"Yes, and if people knew that, they'd expect us to be nice to each other. Or think we're dating. And then when I start to get fat, everyone would think it's yours."

"I feel bad making you walk."

"I like walking."

"We can't do this forever. Sooner or later it's going to snow and the sidewalks will be easier."

"I'm moving out soon."

Drumming my fingertips on the steering wheel, I waited for her to go on.

"I'm going to move in with my grandma." She elaborated, "She's visiting her sister in Czechoslovakia right now, but she comes back in two days. I'll go there."

"Oh."

"You didn't think I'd live with you forever did you?"

"No."

"You did."

"No I didn't!"

"What did you think was going to happen, your wife and I would be besties and you and my husband would just dude around all the time."

"No!"

"Oh my God, did you think I'd marry you?"

"Hell no!"

"What did you think would happen when the baby comes?"

"I don't know."

"You thought you'd raise it?"

"No... I don't... I was willing to help."

"You're so sweet it's sad." Bethany informed me, "Don't get me wrong it's cute and all, but it's weird. You're super-hot but you act like an ugly kid."

"What does an ugly kid act like?"

"You know, all nice and desperate to make up for the fact that they're hideous, so people want to hang out with them."

"Well in that case you act hot." I snapped.

"I am hot."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Bethany."

"I am hot! Are you kidding me? Do you know how many people follow me on Instagram? It's a lot!"

"If you don't get out and start walking you're going to be late for school." I sighed.

"I am hot." She informed me, kicking her door open.

"Careful!" I shouted, "You're going to break it!"

"It's a car." She said slowly, "Katy already probably busted the shocks riding in it."

My fingertips tightening on the steering wheel I took a deep breath, "Get out."

"Let me ask you a question." She said, gathering her backpack.

"Get out."

"Do you like her? Like, like, like her?"