Katy

Never, not once, in my entire life had I ever been on a date. I had no idea what qualified as a date, let alone a good one, so it was a sense of relief that filled me when Calum climbed out of his jeep in my driveway, dressed like a guy in a clothing add and offering to take the reigns.

I had a dress on, which was different, and a hindrance since I could feel my sweaty thighs rubbing together with each passing Step, however it was worth it to see Calum dressed up.

He'd gone with khakis that he'd somehow managed to look adorable in, instead of like he was on his way to worn atTarget. Above the bangs he wore a pale pink polo and over that a dark half vip thingy that made him look more at place in a country club rather then next to me.

I'd wanted to tell him that he looked handsome when I saw him but he'd beat me too it, informing me that I looked beautiful and kissing my cheek.

I wondered if I tasted like the makeup Dorothy had helped my apply. I hoped not.

That was where my mind was for the majority of are short ride together, however my demeanor quickly changed to curiosity as we pulled to a stop in front of the bookstore.

"Why are we here?" I questioned slowly.

Lowering the volume even though I already had to strain my ears to hear if, he slowly unbuckled his seatbelt and turned to face me.

"Cal?" I pressed, nervous since he was acting as if he were about to announce his age of 90 years, that he was a vampire and take a hunk out of my jugular.

"For Christmas," he said slowly, "You got me a notebook, and for Valentines Day you got me the same thing. This paired with your A plus in AP English has led me to one conclusion."

"And that is?"

"Either you like to read or you like to ride, however doing some deductive reasoning skills which mostly consisted to talking to my sister who wants to be a journalist, author, or famous flautist, I've reached a hypothesis."

"Which is?"

"People that love to write, also love to read, so either if you love to read or love to write, at some level you must have some sort of infatuation with literature."

Thoroughly impressed since reading wasn't something I talked about it was something I did in the private of my room until the early hours of the morning, traveling the world and falling in love with series of letters arranged in just the perfect way to torture me when they ended. While other girls my age fell in love and had adventures I read about them, and wrote about them.

However the writing had taken a back burner after meeting Calum. The fictional boys which filled notebooks being replaced by one name, Calum.

The mere thought of the boy swelling my heart realizing how sincere taking me to a book store was.

"Am I right?" He asked, pulling me back to the present.

"You're very right." I answered, "But what are we going to do?"

"I was thinking," Calum said nervously, "That we could each pick out a book we love for each other? I don't know that sounds lame but your favorite book says a lot about you as a person and I find you fascinating."

Touched, and excited, I nodded "I would love that."

And that was how, an hour later I found myself reading a graphic novel about a boy and a girl on an adventure, opposite Calum who's brow was scowled in concentration as his eyes moved across the the pages of The New Broken scene, a story I'd read a thousand times and still hadn't gotten sick of.

It had worried me at first giving him a book about a prince and a pirate falling in love, however he seemed to have no qualms about the two and if he did he didn't show it, instead he turned the pages hungrily, getting so caught up in the fictional world of pirates and plagues and murder that  I called home that he didn't even notice that I'd taken a break from the book he'd  chosen and instead let my eyes wander to him, taking in every hair stop his head and curvature of his face as if it were a piece of fine art.

It wasn't until he looked up to take a sip of the coffee he'd ordered from the cafe in which we were sat that his eyes locked with mine.

"What?" He questioned.

I shrugged.

"This book is amazing." Calum informed me.

"There's so many characters and so much action but it's easy to follow and the style actually reminds me of a graphic novel so it's not hard to read and I really wanted Michael to end up with that Luke kid but now he has Calum, this book is amazing."

Smiling I nodded then held up the book I was reading where a shirtless alien woman was stood.

"Sorry." Calum mumbled sheepishly, "I swear the story is good when you get into it."

"I'd read a thesaurus right now if it meant I could sit here with you."

Leaning forward Calum stood up and kissed me lightly before sitting back down, "I love you Katy."

"I love you Calum." I echoed, the words feeling new and powerful and weighty each time I said them.

Smiling, Calum squeezed my hand under the table as we both returned our gaze to our books.