Prologue

Zayn's POV

The streets of Bradford seemed to be scarier when the sun had just set and the people of they day had gone home, letting the people of the night crawl out from their hiding place. It was scarry to my fifteen year old self, but there was no fear here or else you wouldn't survive. There was actually no emotion at all.

Both my parents had left me when I was young, giving me an angry edge to wondering why my parents didn't like me. My grandparents raised me for the most part, but with my grandfather passing away just a few months ago and my grandmother being and older woman and not completely coherent, I kind of raised myself.

I found ways to get food in my skinny stomach and I found places to work so I could save some money for whatever reason I would need it. But, those were only two of the survival things I had picked up over my short years of life. The biggest one was always fighting.

People seemed to love to pick on me. They loved to see what comments they could make about me that would make me charge at them with my fists swinging. I was good at fighting. It wasn't that I liked it, I just knew I was good at it and it sometimes helped with getting people to know not to mess with me. It wasn't always the case because I was thin and I was always angry about something, so I was easy to pick a fight with. Just some people didn't know what they had coming.

I got to the stairs of the falling part building my grandmother lived in and made my way up. Relief rolled over me as I felt comfortable to be off the streets before people randomly drove by shooting their guns or someone wanted to fight me for reasons unknown. I just made my way into the tiny room in the back of the flat after I checked to see if my grandmother had already gone to bed.

It was nights like this where I lay in my bed and just look up at the ceiling to think. I think of how much I hate it here. I hate living in Bradford more than anyone. I hate it because there's no way of leaving. Well, my parents did but that was influenced by drugs and alcohol. For me, I want to leave because I know better than the way these people live. Yet, I still play by their rules and do what it takes to survive.

Nights like these I also make promises to myself. I promised that I'd make it out of here some way. I promised that I'd never have a family because I didn't know how to be a father and would probably mess up more than my own did. I also promised I would never fall in love. Love is an emotion that gives everyone the right to hurt you. Here in Bradford, there are no emotions and if I'm bound to live here the rest of my life then I'll live by these promises until the day I die.

A/N: yay! A new story of Niall's birthday!!!!! Haha so this is just a little more information on Zayn when he was younger. This is going to be full of so much stuff, I'm so excited!!! How do yall feel about this so far?!?!?!?! Comment / Vote!
- Bri;)