Chapter 11

Zayn's POV

Three long fucking weeks had past since I had heard from Niall. Three weeks of me calling him nonstop and texting him. I even went to his flat a few times and waited for him to answer me, but it was like he wasn't even there. Those three long weeks were full of me training for the fight I'm currently waiting in my corner on the ring to begin. But, even with the nerves of the nameless man sitting in his corner looking at me like he wants to kill me, I only thought of Niall.

"Focus, Malik. This fight is a big opportunity for you. It's televised, you had a press conference before this and it's worth two thousand dollars if you win. If you can do well here, then you could have a shot at making it out of Bradford for good. You've got this, just focus." Mark told me, looking me in the eyes. I nodded to him and could only hope maybe Niall was watching me on his telly at home. I need some Irish luck.

The referee gestured for the fight to begin by me and this other guy standing in the middle of the ring just like my last fight. I put myself in that mindset that I was the fight before the bell rang. I threw one punch that was packed with all the anger I had in me from getting hurt by Niall and that knocked the guy off his feet. He stumbled back up, but I kept attacking him like he was the one that has caused me to cry more than I ever have in my entire life in just three weeks.

With each hit, there was a reason calculating it. One hit to the man's jaw was for me being stupid and having sex with Niall when our relationship was fragile. A hit to his stomach was for Niall walking out on me the next morning. The next few punches were for the fact I fucking loved that boy even if he hurt me like no one ever has.

I've never loved someone, but I hate it if this is the feeling. The feeling if someone strangling you unintentionally and you love the feeling. It's horrible that I could love someone for the first time in my life after only knowing them for a month. But Niall was different and the way I was around him was different too. I hated it, so with every punch I threw at the man that I was beating bloody I let my hate towards the feeling of love leave my body.

He threw one hit at me that caused me to stumble back into the corner where he begin or have a field day with me. I tried to block and dodge as I much as I could, but the round ended and I know I didn't do that well.

"What do you want most in life? Remember what you told me the first day I trained with you?" Mark yelled at me as I get water squirt in my mouth and blood cleaned off my face. Harry was my water boy for this match because he said he wanted to be here for my second fight. I didn't mind because his green eyes seemed to reassure me of something. That something was probably that it's okay to be gentle sometimes. Right now, my heart was being gentle towards a boy that wanted to play football with it.

"I want Niall. Only Niall." I slurred out before my mouth piece was placed back in by Harry. He squirt water over my sweaty body before round two of the fight begin. I came out swinging my fists as hard as I could until I couldn't feel anything but pure adrenaline.

Each hit was strong and weakened my opponent more and more. All it took was a strong hit to the left temple and he was on the floor of the ring. The referee and the cheering crowed counted down from ten to one, then the fight was over. I turned to look at my coach for his approval and got a head nod that I knew ment he was proud.

This time, I was given a large medal around my neck and had about ten more cameras and microphones in my face as people spat questions at me left and right. I was still breathing hard and my left eye had swollen shut so I didn't really know what exactly was going on.

"Will you keep fighting bigger matches as you win more matches?" A man asked me. I nodded and looked over to where Harry and my coach were pushing through the crowd with a small stool for me to sit on and a water bottle.