Chapter 27

Zayn's POV

Niall stayed in the hospital for two days after his surgery. He was finally able to go home yesterday with the doctor and Doniya saying him and the baby were going to be fine, but that didn't mean either of us stopped worrying. We both blamed ourselves, but at the end of the day it was my fault. Which is why I found myself waiting to do a huge press conference in one of the arenas I had fought at only a few days ago.

"Zayn, only say what you feel like needs to be said. If they start asking too personal of questions just ignore them and move on." Mark said quietly. Really this whole press conference was me dropping my last fight and giving a short explanation why. Mark and Harry both tried to get me to rethink the actual quitting of the sport, so I'm not going public with that decision yet even though I know I'm done boxing.

"Mr.Malik, they're ready for you." One of the security guards told me. I nodded and stood up from my chair. Only Mark was with me because I told Harry and Louis to stay home with Niall. They were all watching on the telly because this was going to be a live interview all throughout Europe and a few American sports channels were also here to broadcast it. Over the past six months of my boxing career I guess you could say I became a boxing sensation. I think it's also just because people wanted to watch me go from the bottom to the top and say they were with me the whole time. But Mark says it's because you can feel the passion I have when I'm in the ring. Unfortunately, that passion caused allot of things to go wrong.

I sat down in one of the chairs as hundreds of cameras snapped tons of pictures of me. Mark sat down next to me and pat my leg under the table. We both looked at each other, but in his eyes I saw it was his final plea for me not to stop boxing. For me, I stopped being a boxer the second those doctors told me there was a hole in my child's lung. The room got quiet and everyone waited for me to talk. I looked down at the small paper I had written a few things on before looking up to the bright lights.

"As most of you know, I have one more fight that's coming up in four days. I called this press conference to publicly say I'm backing out of the match because my boyfriend is nearly six months pregnant and-" I couldn't even finish what I was saying because everyone decided that was enough to go crazy with questions. So much for writing a damn speech.

"Can you all calm down? I can take a few questions if you all just calm down." I said loudly into the microphone. Everyone quieted down, but more and more pictures were taken of me and I could only think of the stories people were already creating in their minds.

"Is the baby yours?" A woman asked me. I rolled my eyes at the stupid question, but answered the question as a yes. A few more questions were asked me to that made me want to laugh at how idiotic these people were, but I kept my professional side up and continued answering them.

"Why is it now that you decided to take a break from boxing? Haven't you gone through the whole pregnancy so far boxing?" A man asked me. At that question I could only think of the fact I really didn't want to answer it. I didn't want to tell anyone, but with the silence that was going through the room and the fact I didn't want to answer any more questions now. Mark pat my leg and gave me a nod of encouragement.

"There was a complication with the baby, but everything is going to be okay now. I know that fights cause allot of tension and stress for Niall, so I'm done because he can't handle that right now." I answered. A few women found that cute I guess with the sounds they made. I smiled and looked over at Mark if we could be done now. He just gave me a look like one more question would work.

"Are you retiring from boxing or do you see yourself coming back ever?" A man asked me and I was going to answer that yes I was completely finished with boxing and you would never see me in another ring again, but Mark decided to find his voice for once.