Chapter 19

Niall's POV

"How about these, Niall?" My mum asked me as she was showing me two shirts that were loose, yet soft looking. She was helping me shop for some good "maternity" clothes that neither Zayn or I could find. We really just found ourselves in the extra large sizes at different teen stores and I would occasionally drift over to the girls side because their sweaters and stuff just seemed softer and prettier. I already felt the size of a whale only being three months along, I may as well trick myself to feeling pretty. The only time I felt good was when Zayn's rough hands were touching me in soft ways as he whispered how beautiful I was.

"I like those, Mum... Uh, how do you like Zayn?" I asked her as we walked over to the girls section to look at some loose long sleeved shirts that could keep me and the baby warm considering it's now December.

My mum bit her lip in thought for a minute like she was choosing the words in her head that she wanted to be spoken. I know my dad dislikes Zayn just a little bit. He started off hating him, then Zayn told him about how his own parents were to him and it changed. Zayn never told me about the abuse he went through, he only told me it was bad when his parents, more particularly his father, were around. I knew Zayn's a fighter and he pulls things to fight for whatever the cause is. In this case, he was fighting for my father's trust and pulled out deep dark secrets of his past to gain it. Now my mum liked him to a certain extent. She hated that he was irresponsible in the fact he got me pregnant. But, I remind her it's a two way street and I was also responsible in the act of unsafe sex. I also reminded her that if she had told me I had girl parts in me, then I would have been more careful not to drink with an attractive Zayn Malik in front of me.

"When he looks at you it's like he's looking at the whole solar system, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. This is hard for me and your father. You left home when you were eighteen and never came back. All we got were daily phone calls and texts that you were doing well. Then we get a phone call from you saying you're three months pregnant and moving in with some bloke that bought you a house. This is all so much and it's so hard for us. I like Zayn, but I hate him at the same time. I don't even know how to feel." She told me quietly and seriously before walking over to the check out counter to buy the few items we had found here. I walked over to her and was going to pay with the bank card Zayn had given me before we left, but she ignored me and payed for my new clothes.

"I hope you both come around to liking him. He has this hard outside and he's afraid of showing emotions, but when he's talking to our baby or just talking to me; he becomes the world's most loving man. He loves me, Mama. He loves us both. Just give him a chance." I said to my mother as we walked out of the store with another bag. She sighed before pulling me over to sit on one of the benches that was outside one of the many shops in the shopping mall.

"If you love him and he makes you happy, I'll give him a chance. I'm just scared for the both of you. You're both only twenty-two years old and going to have a baby. I trust you will take care of this baby and I know in my heart you will be the best father in the world, but I'm scared you both are too young. I had you when I was thirty-six years old, for the good lord's sake!" My mum chuckled to me. I smiled at her and got her hand in mine as I looked into my mother's worried blue eyes. All I could hope was that at this moment she saw I wasn't the least bit scared. I was so excited and so nervous, but I wanted this baby with my whole heart. Zayn does too and that's why we're where we are. My mum must have seem the relaxed look on my face as she sighed and placed her free hand on my belly.

"I never thought this day would come that I would see my baby having a baby. You look so beautiful, Niall. You're glowing. So is Zayn and he's not even the pregnant one, nor does his face not look like he wasn't hit by a bus. That just shows how much he loves you both and I just need to let go. He's the one that will take care of you and that will love you, it's just hard because that was always me and your father job." She said to me. I smiled and kissed her cheek in a way that I could only hope she would find it as me thanking her. She pulled me into a hug and kissed me up a little more before we went to another store in search of comfortable pants.