Chapter 2

Zayn's POV

I ended up going to that boxing gym the next day just to check it out. I wasn't really a huge fan of the idea, but I wanted to see if maybe I just went to see it then that man would give me the twenty dollars we made a deal on if I said the right thing.

The walk down there wasn't actually as I expected it to be. It seemed to be in the nicer end of the small community of poverty. There were still a shit ton of broken glass bottles and allot of run down looking buildings, but it was nicer than a few blocks over where I live. I got to the front of the place and saw the name of the gym was called Mark Jarvis' Training Center. I pushed the doors open and immediately got hit with the smell of sweat and blood.

The sounds of punching bags being hit as well as other bodies getting hit. My eyes scanned the place and took in the fact there was one of those square things I saw on the telly last night. There were allot of mats on the floors that allot of men were using to do different types of strength work out or to practice jumping around with jump ropes. This whole place looked just as run down as every other business in Bradford. But, this place held a weird feeling to it. Maybe it was just me feeling it but if felt like it was more than just some training place. It had some heart behind its walls.

"I'm glad you decided to show up, but it isn't really recommended to do a training session in skinny jeans." The man from last night said from behind me, making me turn and realize I had walked farther into this place than I thought I did.

"I'm not here to train. You said to come give it a chance and for me getting out of bed is giving this place a chance." I said to the man. He gave me a firm look, then pulled me over to a small changing room. He asked some random guy for some loose shorts, then threw those at me. Just as I was about to protest in doing any of this, he gave me a look that looked like he was really giving me one last chance to stay on his good side. So, I ended up changing into some baggy black shorts and just keeping my black t-shirt on.

When I walked out of the changing room, the nameless man looked over my body before gesturing for me to go over to the square ring. There were already two people fighting in there, but it looked very casual. One had weird head gear on and both had boxing gloves. However, one of the guys in there was extremely buff and kind of scary looking. I'd never seen him in my life, but I'm sure if I ever did I wouldn't want it to be in a dark ally.

"Your going to fight. Keep it clean though. Nothing below the belt, no kidney shots, no neck shots and head shots are fine with this guy." The man told me as he got my hands and was going to slip two red gloves on me. I pulled my hands back for a minute to take my shirt off because the other dude had his off and I didn't want to do this wrong. Once the gloves were securely on my hands, I climbed into the ring with the other guy that was snickering about my body. Yes, I'm thin but that's because not eating food is a thing that effects you. I do have a six pack of abs and my arms and chest are very defined, but now looking at my tattooed body, I look like a child compared to the man in front of me.

"Did your mum forget to feed you when you were a young lad?" The man asked me, and that was all it took for me to go at him. No one talks about my mum or my dad. I threw my first punch right to his face, then used my other fist to block the shot he was trying to get on my midsection.

I stepped back from him and looked at him to see what his next move was going to be, then began my attack on him to get this huge man in one of the corners of the ring. I was fighting off of pure adrenaline and slight anger from his comment. He got a few jabs at me, but I would only get angry at that and hit him back that much harder. These gloves made it easier for me because I had something protecting my hands. With one hit to the side of his face and his side, he was down. I took a few steps back to see if he was going to get up, but he was struggling.