Chapter 31

Zayn's POV

"So, why are we here?" Mark snapped at me when we both took a seat in the back of the small coffee shop that I told him to meet me at to talk about the whole boxing thing. He wasn't too happy when I called him this morning and asked him to meet me here, but he listened anyway. It had been two weeks too long without talking to him and I wanted to fix it.

"I wanted to talk to you and kind of apologize for being a pain in the arse. I know I haven't been easy, and I know that I'm a little shit, but I really need you right now. You were right. You and Niall were both right. Hell, even Louis and Harry knew this. I'm not done boxing. I can't stop thinking about it and wanting it. I'm ready to fight Liam Payne, but only if you'll be by my side and train me." I told Mark. He looked at me like he was a mixture of impressed with me and kind of annoyed with me. I shrugged and looked down at the coffee cup on the table. He pulled out his phone and looked up something before sliding the phone across the table. I looked at it and saw the dollar amount on the fight had literally gone up over night and was now at a million and a half dollars.

"I'll train the shit out of you if you can promise me that you can handle the pain I'm going to put you through. There will be twenty four hours of blood sweat and tears." He said to me seriously. I nodded and reached my hand across the table for him to shake it. He took in his strong grip before looking at me like he wanted to know if there was anything else. I only gave him a smile and sat back in my chair waiting for him to say something else to me. He sighed and took a sip of his tea.

"I'm guessing Niall was the one that got through your thick skull?" He asked me with a knowing smile. I nodded even though I wasn't too proud of the fact that was what our first fight was over. I hated making him cry and I knew that no amount of kisses or cuddles I could ever give him would make up for the fact he believed for a second that I was leaving him.

It was weird in away. I've never left a fight in my whole entire life until then. It was like the tables turned. Niall was the one that ran away from the those people that wanted to beat him up and ran straight into my arms. He's always been one to praise for love and shun fighting. He's the one in our relationship that makes sure love is strong where violence tries to overcome. Suddenly I became the one that wanted to run. I was the one that believed I couldn't fight anymore. I guess Niall has allot more fight in him than he let's on, and I even have a soft in me that backs down from a fight.

"I'm glad. You need a boyfriend like him to keep you in line." Mark chuckled to me. A light blush found my cheeks because he didn't know what I did while we both weren't on speaking terms. He looked at me with a shocked look on his face and started stumbling out questions that made no sense at all.

"I proposed and he said yes. He's my fiancé now." He mumbled, not knowing if I should shout it to the world I was engaged to the most wonderful human in the world or keep it too myself so that there won't be a chance of me loosing it. Mark smiled me with the proudest look I've seen from him. Sure he says he's proud of me, but right now I can see it and feel it from him. In a way, if I ever had a doubt in my mind that proposing to Niall wasn't the best thing in the world then right now I got it confirmed that I did the right thing.

"Training starts bright and early tomorrow. Bring Niall with you so he can be there. You always work harder when he's there." Mark said as we both stood up. He walked with me out to my car and gave me a tight hug. We both ignored the paparazzi that were taking pictures of us from where they thought they were hidden and enjoyed the moment together.

"You're everything I would have wanted my son to be. Such a strong man but you know when to let yourself be vulnerable. You're like a son to me, Zayn." I smiled at Mark and hugged him one more time.