Chapter 4

Zayn's POV

A few days went by after I met and kind of saved that Niall guy. I hadn't seen him anywhere, but he was constantly on my mind. There wasn't a minute that didn't go by without a single thought of the blue eyed sweetheart. He just seemed like if I got to know him he would be a sweet person, but the problem was I couldn't find him.

As I threw another punch at the punching bag, I thought of how stupid it was to live in such a small part of Bradford, but not being able to find one person. He doesn't even look like he fits into this place. He seemed so much better than this place, which made me wonder why exactly he was here in the first place. He was perfect in so many ways just by looking at him, but his blue eyes and that little giggle of his made me want to know more about him. I must have gotten too caught up in my thoughts because with the next punch I threw at the punching bag caused it to fly back at the and hit me in the chest, causing me to fall flat on my back.

"That's what you get for not paying attention to what you're doing. When you're in the fight, you have to be in it one hundred percent. What has your head mixed up? Tell me while you do sit ups since you're on the ground." Mark told me. I listened to him and started doing sit ups while he held my feet down. He looked at me with an expectant look to talk to him, but I didn't really want to because this will become an issue of sexuality. I'm not ashamed of the fact I'm bisexual, but I feel like that puts me to just another disadvantage here.

"Just thinking of someone I met. This is stupid, you don't need to know anything about me." I told him as I continued to do my sit ups. Mark rolled his eyes at me and gave me a look I can only assume a father would give a son when they're misbehaving. I've never had a father and my grandfather died when I was in my early teen years, so I just figured that's what this would be like.

"You're a person and people have feelings. Feelings are the best thing you can use to fight with. Since you've been training with me, I know you fight with something other than skill and strength. I just want you to know that on the street emotions can't get in the way, but in here with me or in the ring those are what could potentially fuel you to be the strong fighter I know you are." Mark told me. I stopped doing sit ups after he was done talking because I was tired and also I wanted to see if he had more to say. Something about this man is so strange in the fact it feels like he actually cares. His words always make me think that maybe I should think more of myself than just some twenty-two year old street rat. Mark told me to start push ups and to tell him who was on my mind.

"It's a guy..." I mumbled as I did a few push ups. My eyes traveled up to my coach and saw him looking at me like he was almost amused with me.

"You're just a jumbled up mess, aren't you? So you're a born fighter that's into guys. I'm glad to say I know you." Mark chuckled to me. I smiled at him as I begin to do more push ups, even though my arms were already burning and tired. Sometimes my mind just goes on autopilot with these workouts or trainings, but sometimes I really feel the tiredness and the ache in my muscles.

"His name is Niall. He just moved here and he works at the drug store. That's all I know about him, other than the fact he thinks running away from drug dealers will fix the problem of getting beaten up." Once I finished, I fell flat on the mat below me because my body couldn't even work anymore. I was covered in sweat, my shirt was long forgotten and my whole body was in pain. I had been working at this since eight this morning and it was already one in the afternoon. I'm tired and don't want to go anymore.

"Take a water break while I go check on other things. You're doing good." Mark told me as he stood up from the mat he was sitting on. I watched him walk around to other people training while I went over to the plastic water bottle I had. I drank most of it then just stood there feeling like my body was one giant noodle. My water break ended up lasting for only ten minutes until I was being called to go back to train.