Chapter 5

Niall's POV

I'm one of those people that has very up days and very down days. Sometimes I feel like I'm so happy that nothing could ever bother me, but other times I don't even want to get out of bed. I'm not bipolar or anything, just sometimes the way I live gets to me. I don't have a permanent home or someone that has loved me other than my parents and my brother. It's just the fact I'm a rooted person, a homebody, but my lifestyle won't give me what I need.

Today was one of those ugly down days for me that frustrated me with how much I really hate the way I live. Yet, I'm still too stubborn to go home and ask for help. But, to get rent paid to my new flat here in Bradford, I have to go to work and I have to go on with my day even if I don't feel like it. All I know is tonight when I get home you'll find me curled up in a blanket eating vanilla bean ice cream while watching old reruns of Friends. That's how I deal with these days and it works like a charm every time.

I got ready for work pretty fast. I only slipped on some loose blue jeans and a jumper, then fixed my hair that was still a little bit wet from my shower. I felt like I looked good enough for really just wanting to sleep all day before getting the keys to my flat and locking it. But as I looked up to my front door I saw a small yellow sticky note with something cute written on it that changed my day from shitty to amazing in a second.

Maybe we could do something tonight? I'm off work and want to get to know you. Maybe we won't be strangers then. Call me.
-Zayn xx

I gently folded the note with Zayn's phone number scribbled out on the bottom and slipped it into my pocket. I know most people would be freaked out to know some random stranger remembered where you lived after walking you home only once, but Zayn was Zayn. Something about the way his brown eyes always changed to a lighter shade when we talked and the way he would nervously fidget with his shirt was what made the boy so inviting. Sure, he looked like he could easily break every bone in my body, I've seen what he can do, but he just seemed so much more different when he's talking to me. It's only been twice that we've talked, so this could all be my mind over romanticizing all of this. But a guy can hope, right?

I got to the drug store where I've been working for a full two weeks now, but for most of it I've been hidden in the storage part of the store taking inventory. It didn't help me focus on my work when I would be looking out of the door every couple hours to see if maybe Zayn wanted to drop by and see me again like I wanted to see him. He probably did drop by, but I missed him and that made me feel this sad ache in my heart that I missed a chance to see the god like man.

Louis gave me his usual friendly smile and told me to just go check over the shelves and straighten them up a bit. As I did that, sad Niall seemed to be coming back in to play even though I could still feel that note burning into my pocket. That was the only thing that was forcing me to do my work as best as I could. But, because it's one of those emotional days I ended up just sitting on the floor in front of a single shelf to look like I was working when really I was looking at pictures of baby bunnies on my phone to try and make myself happy.

"Thinking of buying a rabbit?" A deep voice asked me, causing me to jump and drop my phone that I had been looking at for hours now. I looked up from where I was sitting to see Zayn standing over me with a soft smile on his slightly brused face. He offered me a hand to help me up, but I just pulled him down to sit with me because standing takes allot of energy.

"No, just trying to be happy. Look at this bunny, how can you not be happy looking at it?" I asked him with a light smile. He looked at me, then looked at my phone that was being held out to him. He rolled those beautiful brown eyes at me before looking at me seriously.