Chapter 34

Zayn's POV

The second I heard the bell ring, my right fist connected with Liam's jaw. He, however,  didn't even stumble. I took a step back from him when I saw his muscles tense before he swung at me. I dodged it and took his off balanced state to throw punches at his stomach. That was the only time he stumbled back, but he hit me across my nose to get me to stop.

The pain I was in caused me to drop my defense for split second, but that was all it took for Liam to move in and take punches at me. I tried to retreat from him, but he only pressed me back into the corner of the ring.

"Block him, goddammit!" I heard Mark's voice scream at me over the roar of the crowd. That seemed to put brains back in my head. I put my gloves up to block my face from the powerful hits being thrown at me.

When Liam threw a left handed hit at my gloves, I ducked under his arm because his defense was down and probably looked like an idiot when I ran away from him a little bit. I didn't care though because when he turned around looking like a confused idiot, I threw a punch to his face. It was a little difficult because he was taller than me, but any time he tried to block I would only go under his hand and hit his jaw.

The referee blew the whistle for the round to be over just as I got Liam back into a corner. I didn't want to stop though because I had yet to even make him bleed or get hurt in any way. The referee pulled me off him and pushed me over to my corner. Liam glared at me before jogging over to his corner I went to mine and let Louis wipe up the blood I had dripping out of my nose.

"Keep it up, but don't pull out the left side shit until he's tired. You're small and have less to move around than he does. Make him work for a hit." Mark told me. I nodded and Harry squirt water all over me. My adrenaline was only building more and more as I stared at Liam Payne knowing how much I just really wanted to win this match. But I saw in his brown eyes he was wanting the same thing. I looked behind me at Niall and saw him holding his nine month pregnant belly like he was trying to find comfort in that. He gave me a nod of encouragement before the bell rang for round two to start.

I started the round by dodging literally everything Liam would throw at me. He only grunted out in frustration and chased after me. I continued to do that because I saw he probably only focused on strength training to beat people and not so much of cardiovascular training.

"Stay the fuck still!" He growled at me. I moved one more step right, then advanced on him like an animal going in for their prey. I know I probably looked so amateur at the moment with all the running and dodging, but the second my fist connected with his face the crowed went wild. I threw punch after punch at the other lad until he was eventually pushed in the corner. I hit with all the strength and all the adrenaline I had in me, but I forgot to block and he was able to flip our positions so I ended up cornered.

He was ruthless and he was angry. He hit me so hard I felt like my brain was rattling around my skull. I kept my gloves in front of my face, but he only then moved to my midsection to throw those powerful hits. I wrapped my arms around his neck in a way to hope I could draw my body closer to his so his hits would be less powerful.

He turned around and pushed me off him, causing me to stumble back before running at him. That just got me three hits in the face before the round was over. I staggered over to my corner and sat there while I tried to even remember my name and what the fuck I was doing at the moment.

"Zayn, looked at me!" Harry screamed in my face. I looked at his worried green eyes and saw his lips moving, but I didn't really catch any words. I was breathing hard and felt out of it, but when he squirt ice cold water over my face I snapped out of it enough to understand the third round was starting. Unfortunately, it didn't go any better than the last one.