Chapter 20

Zayn's POV

"Eight time in a row, undefeated champion, Zayn Malik!" The announcer spoke only hours after I had won my eight match. I was now heading out to do a few more press interviews that I could coherently do because I was rested up a little as well as cleaned up as best as anyone that just boxed for six rounds could. Honestly, I felt like my stamina was improving or I was just getting used to this because I felt like after my hour power nap I could get back in the ring. But I'm also guessing it's adrenaline.

Mark lead me to the long table that was full of microphones as the room went crazy. All I did was smile a little then look towards the doors I had just walked through to see Niall and his dad were standing there with a ton of security around them. Mr. Horan gave me a proud fatherly nod before I sat in my chair and looked out to the huge sea of people and flashing cameras.

"Just think, Fighter, all of these people payed fifty dollars for this. You think maybe now you want to buy little Niall a pretty ring?" Mark whispered quietly in my ear. I chuckled and nodded, even though I was kind of holding out on the whole marriage thing until I was able to pay for Niall's dream wedding. I wanted him to have all the flowers he wanted and I wanted him to have everything he's ever dreamed of. Also, I don't really want to show up to my own wedding looking like a racoon with my seemingly permanent black eyes.

"Zayn, how do you feel about this match? Do you feel like this makes you an experienced enough fighter for the professional fighters?" A man asked me. I looked at Mark for a second and saw him shake his head slightly. I also saw a small amount of fear run though his eyes. I promised myself I would ask him what was wrong later.

"Not quite. Every great fighter has lost a match in their career and I feel like I'm not there yet because of that. I want to know defeat as much as I love to know victory." I told the man. For some reason that caused a few of the interviewing women to swoon which made me looked back at Niall and send him a subtle wink. He blushed and I knew I did my job for the day. Well, other than getting seven thousands dollars for boxing.

"Not all great fighters know defeat. Liam Payne is undefeated as well. Next question..." And the interview continued on, but I couldn't help but think the Liam Payne, that I pretty much look up to, had never lost a fight in his life. I knew now with where I was with money I couldn't afford to loose a match, but I also knew I wanted to be on the other side of the fight. I'm a human, not just a fighting machin. I wanted to be challenged to he point of defeat to give myself fire. Then again, it was easier to just say I won and get allot of money for it.

"Some people seem extremely fascinated with your life outside the ring as well. Tell them a few things that have been going on there." Someone said, making me feel extremely uncomfortable. I looked at Mark and saw he gave me a nod of approval then I looked at Niall and saw he was just as uncomfortable as I was. He rest his hands on his stomach and shook his head. I knew in this moment I was going to have to say something about my personal life, but it wasn't going to be about my child.

"I recently moved from Bradford to Cheshire. We got a really nice house." I mumbled into the microphone. But something about what I said seemed to cause a water leak from a dam more questions.

"Are you dating anyone? Is it the young woman you were photographed with a few days ago?" Someone asked me loudly. At that, I had to laugh because I knew they were talking about my sister. It was everywhere on the Internet that is as dating her. I was glad when Doniya tweeted that I was her brother, which obviously this woman didn't get the memo. I looked at Mark as if in question to confess my love of Niall to all these people to shut them up.

"Your call, son. Whatever you feel will help you is up to you." He told me. I glanced back and saw Niall blushing like mad, yet he was giving me a look like I needed to set this straight for future purposes as well. I mean, we'll be announcing to the world in a few months he's pregnant because we won't be able to hide his bump so it makes sense to just speak the truth. By the look on Mr.Horan's face, he was expecting me to be proud of his son and share it with the world.