Chapter 35

Niall's POV

"Niall, on the next one I need you to push as hard as you can." The doctor told me. I looked at Zayn and he gave me the same look I gave him when he was in the ring. One of pure love and encouragement. I cried out in pain before pushing. Zayn held my hand and looked like he wished he could do more than just stand there. Honestly, just having him by my side and still alive after that fight was all I could ask of him.

"Come on, Niall. You can do this, baby." He whispered into my ear calmly. I pushed again as it felt like my body was going to be split in half. Zayn placed soft kisses to my sweaty hair as I relaxed until the next pain shot through me and my body forced me to push. I tried to breathe and stay calm, but this hurt more than anything I've ever experienced in my whole entire life. I felt the baby move down a little bit so I pushed again, but got tired.

"You're doing great. Keep going." The doctor told me calmly. I rested for a minute until I had to push again. I felt the baby move down just a little more and felt determined to get this thing out of me. I pushed and chocked on a cry before pulling Zayn's arm closer to me.

"I want you! Hold me!" I screamed at him. He wrapped one arm around my shoulders weakly while the other still held my hand tightly. He kissed me and nuzzled his nose into my temple lovingly. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on the loving touches he was giving me.

My body forced me out of my relaxed state and I pushed again, but this time was so much more painful. I felt the doctor touch me a little and spread my legs more. Zayn mumbled for me to keep going so I did. I figured had just been through the bloodiest, most painful fight of his life to get money for us, I could do this to get a baby in this world for us.

"I see the head. Rest for a minute, then push." The doctor said. I panted and laid back on the bed. Zayn reached over and got a cool wet cloth and dabbed it over my extremely hot and sweaty skin. I sighed a little and looked at Zayn looking at me like he's never loved me more in his life than right now. Even with how how battered his face was, he still looked at me with and soft look that made me feel stronger than I've ever been in my whole life.

"Let's get this baby into the world." The doctor told us both happily. I sat up more from where I was propped up on the hospital bed and pushed with all the strength in me. I felt the baby's head pop out of me and screamed in pain. Zayn held me tightly and mumbled that I was doing wonderful.

Soon the whole room turned into a bunch of cheerleaders telling me to keep going. I fought through my exhaustion and my pain just like I knew Zayn does every time he's in the ring. I cried harder as one of the shoulders slipped out of me. Zayn told me to keep going and moved my sweaty hair off my forehead. The other shoulder slipped out without me really trying.

"One more babe, just one more." Zayn told me loudly. I nodded and pushed. With the loudest scream that's ever come out of me, the rest of my child made it into the world. Little cries filled the room and I let my body fall back limply on the bed as I cried myself. Zayn looked like he was in shock as he looked between me and where the doctor held out a pair of scissors.

"Does dad want to cut the cord?" The doctor ask him. He nodded and shuffled away from me down to where I still couldn't see my baby. I closed my eyes for a minute to regain some control over my emotions, but my eyes shot open when a light weight was placed on my chest. I looked down to see a tiny little baby crying lightly.

"Meet Ezra James Malik." Zayn whispered to me. I held the baby carefully and kissed his little head. That brought on a whole new set of tears because he was absolutely perfect. He had jet black hair just like Zayn's and his skin was a light tan color despite how pink he still was. I held my son and looked up at Zayn who had tears rolling freely down his cheeks.