Chapter 28

Niall's POV

"Zayn?" I asked quietly as we sat on the couch with something the tan skinned man had made for dinner. It was four days since the press conference, but both our names were everywhere. Some people were freaked out that I was a guy that was pregnant, so doctors had to say that it was rare but very much possible. Then there was also the fact that people were obsessed with needing to know if Zayn was ever going to fight again. I'd be happy if he didn't just so I wouldn't see the love of my life getting hurt, but for his own happiness I knew he needed to be back in the ring. Even now just watching him eat he looks like someone ripped away a piece of his heart. Although, he looked that exact same way when we got told what was wrong with out baby.

"Are you okay with the way things are?" I asked him once he looked at me. He nodded and gave me a soft smile before turning off the telly that started talking about Zayn again. He set his plate down, leaving his food half eaten, and looked at me closely.

"What do you mean by that? You're not dumping me are you?" He asked me with a light chuckle, but behind his words I heard he was believing that should be the truth. I set my plate of food down too and scoot closer to him. My six month pregnant belly was hard to move with. He wrapped his arm around me to help me a little before I got his other hand and pressed it on my belly. The baby kicked almost excitedly that it's daddy was giving it attention. Zayn and I laughed and shared a soft kiss.

"I ment are you happy with this? With a baby, with me, with everything really. I guess I just feel a little... neglected." I mumbled to him, feeling my cheeks heat up stupidly because of what I was feeling. As much as I love knowing I have Zayn Malik's child in me, I hate being pregnant. I hate that if Zayn doesn't say I look beautiful every few hours, then I feel ugly. I hate that when I don't have his attention on me, I feel neglected and like he's two steps out the door. I feel it more now that he's looking for a job and he leaves me here alone for too long or he's on his laptop looking for a job. Zayn looked at me worried before kissing me again and looking at me.

"I'm sorry. I've just been preoccupied with getting a job that I didn't notice I wasn't spending time with you. I'm so sorry. How can I make it up to you, beautiful?" He asked me with allot of guilt in his voice. The baby kicked his hand like it was trying to hint what I wanted. I didn't even know what I wanted anymore. Sometimes I think I want sex, then I realize I'm just hungry but I cry because why the hell not.

"Maybe a bath?" I asked my boyfriend. That was all it took for Zayn to gently pick me up and carry me down the hall to our bathroom. Zayn turned on the water and added some bubble bath stuff in there that my mum had told us both to use when I was uncomfortably pregnant. I guess Zayn thought now was the time to crack that open. After, he helped me get undressed, but before I could get in the water he stopped me so he could look over my naked body. A smile tugged on Zayn's lips as he reached forward and let his fingers run over the tiny stretch marks I had on one side of my belly. I use that coco butter stuff to help with that, but those ones decided to show up anyway. I hate them actually.

"I love that." Zayn muttered. That caused me to laugh because we both had different feelings for the marks on my skin. Zayn kissed me and helped me in the warm bubble bath and kissed me one more time. I tried to tug his hand to get in with me but he only shook his head.

"I'll get in in just a minute. I got something for you today while I was job hunting. I'll be right back." He mumbled against my forehead before kissing it. All I could do was sigh and let him go do whatever. I hope he got me chocolate cheese cake and ice cream. I'm still craving it and still don't see it anywhere in our house. A few minutes passed of me just sitting in the bubbly water waiting for Zayn to come back. When he did, he had a different look in his eyes, like he was over thinking something. That was enough to make me keep my mouth shut about not seeing chocolate cheese cake in his hands.