Chapter 6

Zayn's POV

The few days I had left of training seemed to fly by, leaving me standing in the tiny little locker room I was told to wait in until the actual fight. That Harry Styles guy had been doing some press meetings all day because people actually knew him because we were in his hometown of Cheshire. This was the first time I had actually been out of Bradford and it was extremely refreshing. Of course, for this change in my life Niall ended coming with me. Even though I didn't want him to watch me get the shit beaten out of me, he's been extremely supportive of me. He also pulled puppy dog eyes on me to come with me and there was no way I could tell him no.

"Zayn, can I talk to you really fast?" Mark asked me quietly as he walked to where I was getting my hands wrapped in tape by someone that volunteered from the gym back home to help me out here. I nodded to him and he took over the job of wrapping my shaking hands. I looked him in the eyes, wanting more than anything to be told by him that I could do this like he had been telling me the whole time I had been training.

"You're going to get beaten to a bloody pulp out there. You're going to fall and you're going to get tired. But, you're going to get back up and you're going to keep fighting no matter how much pain you are in. The second you step in that ring, you're no longer Zayn Malik. You are the fight. With every punch and dodge that you know how to do, that is who you are. You're heart is in every punch and you're head is in every dodge. With those things, you hold the key to winning. Don't feel like you've lost if you get some blood on you. It's not over until the final bell rings." Mark told me seriously. I nodded at his words and let him slip on my gloves. He pat me on the back and walked away from me to go tell the people I was ready to get this started.

"Zayn?" Niall's sweet Irish accent asked me after I took a few deep breaths to calm my nerves. I looked over at him and saw a light blush fill his cheeks as he looked over what I was wearing. I was in my boxing trunks and a silk feeling robe on, but that was open. He walked closer too me and looked at me with this fear in his eyes that I've only seen once. That was all it took for me to pull him into on arms. It was an awkward hug because my boxing gloves were in the way a little, but Niall just pressed himself close to me and buried his face in my neck.

"Let's go." Mark said quietly, breaking Niall and I apart. We both followed Mark and a few security men down a short hallway to get to the center of the tiny arena. It wasn't even a full arena because if it's size, but I didn't care for any of that once I heard the roaring sound of people. I looked over at Niall and saw him looking right at me already. We stopped as the gate was being opened for me and I quickly leaned down and kissed his cheek.

"Maybe I can get some of your Irish luck that way." I chuckled nervously to him as he blushed. He lifted his hand up and let it run over my cheek before he was escorted to the front row of seats. My lips were still slightly tingling from getting to kiss his soft skin, but I didn't have time to think much before I heard my name being announced.

I slowly jogged out to get into the ring with Mark right my side. Some people were cheering while others were yelling that I was going to get my arse kicked. I just ignored that and climbed into the square boxing ring where my opponent was already waiting for me.

His long curly hair was in a bun and his green eyes were looking at me like he was almost humored that I wanted to fight him. I shot him a dirty look, then turned to where my coach was trying to tell me to get my rob off. He slipped it off me and I turned to Harry Styles to see if he was still feeling the same way as before. I saw his eyes look over my tattooed arms and chest before looking me in the eyes again, but this time he had a bit more fear in his green eyes. We both walked to the center of the ring to greet each other with the referee and to go over rules.