Chapter 7

Niall's POV

"You should put more ice on your face, Zayn." I suggested as I brought the Pakistani boy a pack of ice. It had been one day since his fight and the aftermath was really showing now. He had a concussion and his face was beyond brused and swollen. We got back to Bradford after he got evaluated by a doctor and I haven't left his side since.

"I'm tired of ice on my face. If it's going to be swollen, let it be swollen. Just sit down and stop fussing over me." Zayn chuckled slightly slurred because of his busted lips. I sat next to him on his couch and looked over him, trying to see him as the same person he was before I saw just exactly what he could do in a boxing ring. Sure, I had seen him fight on the streets once when I got myself in a mess with those drug dealers, but seeing him actually boxing was something in my mind completely different.

Those punches he threw seemed lethal and calculated. They looked like he wasn't even the same person that kissed my cheek before he went out to fight. It scared me, but what scared me more was how he was bleeding and he looked battered yet he continued like he couldn't feel anything. It hurt me when he got hurt. There was nothing I could do but watch him get hurt and watch him hurt someone else.

Zayn groaned lightly and changed the channel on the telly when the news started talking about him. He became this new sensation throughout Bradford and Cheshire. People were saying he's the literal definition of the underdog rising into the boxing world without warning. That also didn't help me seeing him as the same person because he was someone else to everyone but to himself. He looked over at me and sighed before turning off the telly once another news station started talking about him.

"What's on your mind, sweetheart?" He asked me as he pulled me to lay on his body. He hissed and groaned a little but was content enough holding me.

"I'm just freaked out about your fight yesterday. I didn't like that." I mumbled to him and blushed with how weak that sounded. Zayn's hands gently ran over my back lazily, his fingers slyly trying to slip under my shirt.

"I got paid more money from that fight than I've gotten paid in two years of working at the same night club as a bar tender. Mark already signed me up for another fight in a month from now, so I think I'm just going to consider this my new part time job. Think of it as me going to work every time I get in that ring. I'm still me right now, but at work I have to be someone else to get paid that way I can maybe take your pretty little self on a date." Zayn told me happily. I looked up to see if he was serious about the last part. His brused brown eyes looked at me with that soft look that he always gives me.

"Don't leave me hanging there, Niall. Do you want to go on a date with me?" He asked me, causing me to blush deeply and sit up from where I was laying on his stomach. He looked at me worried for a minute, but I looked at him and that seemed to calm him as he waited for an explanation.

"I don't know how long I'll be here, Zayn. I can't keep a job worth my life and you might get too attached to whatever this is. I don't want to hurt you in any way." I rambled to him, feeling slightly worried that maybe feelings were beginning to grow where time would harvest them before they were ready to be taken from they're roots.

"Baby, I don't care how long you keep a job or anything like that. This is just a date to go out and get dinner, then come back here to watch movies and cuddle. This isn't a life decision, Niall." Zayn chuckled to me. I smiled and blushed deeper as I nodded to agree to his offer. He smiled at me and nuzzled his face into my cheek before kissing it. He stood up and pulled me into his arms.

"This is going to be the stupidest date ever because I don't want to have you go home to get ready and I look like a raccoon with my black eyes, so let's just go now." Zayn told me happily. I laughed and ran over to where my car keys were on the small table Zayn had by his door. He came over to me and took them from my hands before pulling me out of his flat. What's better than a spontaneous date with an amazing man? Nothing would be the correct answer.